A.L.I.C.E. frame thing

okay. My parents and I are going to start making our own proton pack soon, and i realize that one important item needed is the a.l.i.c.e. . are there any stores that they can be available, or could it be possible to make your own?

Check ebay, lots of sellers on there :slight_smile: Should be able to get one for $15 + shipping, thats what I paid for mine

check your local army surplus store. I found 2 of my frames there, prices will differ from city to city, but also use Irri’s choice. I’m sure with both methods, you should have no issues finding a frame, and if all else failes, a camping pack frame will work

ebay is the best way. $22 with shipping and got it in 5 days.

I agree. I ended up paying around $30 (including shipping) for one on ebay, but it was still $10 cheaper than the frames that I found at a local surplus place, and better still, the ebay one actually included straps. The ones at the surplus store were either bare frames, or else they came with the entire backpack setup (and those cost around $100).

okay, thanks u guys. i figured ebay was one way to go. the army surplus route had occured to me, but i wasnt for sure. saw one guy use a camping one, looked okay. i’d prefer the real thing though. thanks again!

Trust me I understand…as soon as you strap an alice frame on your back…no other pack frame feels the same