A Question.....

So I was wondering if anyone had ever made a shell of the RGB Proton Pack?

I know there are MANY shells usually available on ebay, and they’re delightful movie styled packs. But I’ve always wanted to make a RGB pack - however the usual suspects on the forums have all made their packs out of MDF, and my lack of wood working tools tends to make me very wary of starting that project.

Something just tells me I’ll end up spending $200 for a pile of wood and tools I don’t know how to use :sigh:

So my question is - has anyone ever made a fiberglass shell of the RGB proton pack? It seems like it would be easier to do than the movie style pack due to the sheer lack of details. Plus- you know, if anyone did it would be another one of those great ways people could spread the love :slight_smile: and let others easily put together their packs!

SECOND QUESTION: (pointed at those who have already made their RGB packs..) Do you think it would be easier to make a shell / use a shell, or to go the way you went and use wood/MDF ?

Thanks guys!

I thought about it. :slight_smile: Don’t think anyone has yet though or if it would be worth it.

I think I posted an interest thread for this before so I wouldn’t end up wasting $400 on materials to mold up a pack and then have noone buy it. Due to the lack of interest it was shelved.

I also posted an interest thread for laser cut aluminum RGB and EGB motherboards and that got little responce as well…seems all anyone wants is movie style packs, am I wrong?

I think that you could make a decent RGB pack with foamcore or styrene or wood easy enough, like you said there’s not nearly as much detail.

I was gonna make an rgb or egb pack next. I was just gonna use styrene if I can find it in large enough sheets.

Any real plastics supplier will sell in in 4x8 foot sheets…

Good to know. Thanks flynn!