I’m building my second pack for this halloween. This year I’m adding a CO2 pressurized alcohol dispenser. I plan to mount the CO2 canister to the back of the pack (inside of the ruck sack frame) and use the 10" PVP as the liquid container. I’ll run the liquid through a hose to the nozzle located at the tip of the gun. I’ll post pics and instructions if anyone wants to see how I did it. I’m about 50% complete now.
This is the greatest idea in the history of prop building :lol: LOL
But, good job man, I’d be interested in seeing the plans.
I’m not sure if this is the same project, but I said in an earlier thread that this seems more suited to the slime blower, but it’s still cool. Post those pics and instructions. I’m very interested in this.
A pack at the USF “spooktacular” did that…sprayed water.
All:
I’ve been looking at some other options besides CO2. The CO2 requires that the tip of the container be punctured and remain open. This proved difficult.
However, I developed a new approach which I believe is even easier. My buddy has a portable air compressor, the ones used to fill up tires for cars. I’m going to use a one-way air valve and put it 10lbs of pressure. This should be enough to last one “tank” worth of liquid. A “Re-charge” is a short walk to the car. I figure maybe one recharge a night should cover me because the container is pretty big.
I’ve built and sealed the container, and the nozzle is nearly complete. I need to grab the valve and any fittings that go along with it. I’ll test it and then update.
I figure I’ll fill with vodka/rum and mix in some light green gatorade. The goal will to be as close to Kool-Aid’s “Ectoplasm” flavor. I’ve been advised that the sugar in gatorade (or any mixture) might eventually clog the tank. I’ll look into this as well. I’ll make sure I build it so you can flush it easy enough.
Later all.
You should use one of those pumpers from a pesticide sprayer, that way you could recharge no matter where you were. It would be like a portable keg! ![]()
And where the hell have I been? Kool-ade had a GB flavor too :shock: …
Or did you just mean the Hi-C flavor Ecto-Cooler?
Shit…You’re right it was Hi-C Ecto Cooler…I’m slipping in my old age.
I thought about the pesticide idea earlier. the problem is that they are two big - 1 or 2 gallons. The smaller ones have the release mechanism on the bottle vs. at the tip of the nozzle which puts us in another bind.
Thanks for the ideas though, keep them coming. I’m on version 0.4 Beta already and it keeps getting better.
JBird
i remember drinking that Ecto Cooler 24/7…wish they still had it, that stuff was the best! ![]()
There are some of those pesticide bottles where the pumper screws into the bottle and not onto it. You could just drill a hole in your tank and thread it, to screw in the pump… Same goes with the release mechanism, just find one on the end of a hose and attatch the hose to your tank… Maybe?.. No?.. ![]()
Man I loved that stuff too!!! :o Appearantly there is a flavor out now that is called “Citrus Cooler” and has the same exact ingredients as “Ecto-Cooler.” But I haven’t found it any any stores yet. But rumor has it still rings up as Ecto-Cooler on the receipt.
http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0822/
the truth of the ecto cooler.
Ya, I had read that too. But the shoutin’ orange, to the best of my knowledge, is no longer available and has been replaced with citrus cooler… The commercial for ecto cooler is f***ing awesome though! ![]()
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. I’ve been working on this with my buddy and we have a working dispensing mechanism. Here is how I did it:
I took bunch of PVC pieces, not to exceed 10" so that it matches the length/look of the tube on the left side of the face of the pack. The top is PVC fitting that screws into the base. This will be used to screw/unscrew so that I can fill the container with alcohol. The base (or tank) consists of a PVC 3-way elbow and a coupling. The elbow feeds into a 1/2" female threaded piece, which then leads to a one way air valve–same thing you find on a tire of a bicycle. The bottom is also a 1/2" female threaded coupling that leads into a hose. The hose will fit inside of the gun hose and lead to the tip of the gun. At the end of the hose is a air compressor nozzle that my buddy had laying around (don’t ask why???). So you fill the container up with the liquid, leaving a little airspace. From there we hooked up an aircompresser and filled it with 30 lbs of pressure. The one way valve prevents air from escaping and the rest of the openings are sealed with plumbers tape. At this point there is a pressurized “tank”. Releasing the valve at the end of the hose shoots water in a five foot arch. Carefully aimed will fill up a glass.
My next step is to buy a portable bicycle pump and some how store that on the costume. This will allow for me to “re-charge” the tank if I run out of pressure. If I have enought time, I’ll connect the pump to my belt and have a continuous hose running to the pressure valve and I can “pump on the go”.
I’ll take pictures later, its pretty f’ing cool. I’m a shoe-in for costume contests.
You can always use CO2 cartridges to pressurize the entire thing.
I originally tried doing that but it was hard to get the right pressure as well as the fittings were difficult to find. This way its rechargable for free.
Have you thought about using a 20oz CO2 tank from a paint ball marker? You can hook up a remote line to the top of the tank and use the twist on/off to regulate your pressure. Just make sure your remote line has a quick release on the end, that way you can just get an adapter from home depot so you can hook it up to the rest of your set-up without having to bother with finding adapters for the ASA. Plus with a CO2 tank you can use a regulator to set the output PSI to whatever you want so that when you twist it on and off there’s no guess work involved.