Alternative solutions for parts: White Hat Lights

I just thought I’d share a thought I had with you all.

While I’ve been working on my Thrower, I’ve been thinking of economical alternatives for things like the knobs and such and for a while I was considering using lids from drinks bottles, cartons, toothpaste tubes, etc.

My mother uses contact lenses, so she’s regularly throwing out these:

(I actually used part of one of these bottles for my ‘HGA’!)

So my idea was to use the lids in some way (since I started my proton pack building process, the design of the bottle on the right has changed slightly and therefore the lid).

So anyway, my idea is to chop the lower halves off and use the top half of the lid on the left as a white hat light, although, light is more visible through the lid on the right, so I may end up using that, although again, the one on the right isn’t quite the right shape.

Also, if painted orange the one on the left might do as an orange hat light on the barrel?

I hope I that makes sense! :slight_smile:

More alternative parts to come soon! …

anything that you can find to replace normal parts but that work in the end are always a plus.

I just hope you get that LED close enough to shine right through that plastic, I know those caps are usually thick

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16279

Tattoo Ink Caps work better

Ah ok, only a suggestion.