Any thoughts on trying to dye an Olive Green belt Gray?

I bought a nice nylon gun belt on eBay, olive green in color. Do you guys think I should just leave it as is or try to dye it grey? I have a khaki flight suit coming tomorrow and I am thinking of trying to CAREFULLY (1/2 pack at a time) dye it with a grayish tint.

Anyone with some experience with this stuff?

Nylon doesn’t take dye… so you’re pretty much stuck with olive.

Yep, olive green nylon is nothing but tiny tiny strands of green plastic woven into a fabric. It’ll never lighten or take dye.

You could go here:

Outinstyle.com - White Canvas Pistol Belt

And get a white one that takes dye very well for $5. :wink:

I’d use the green one for backpacking or something. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Appreciate the advice…

there is something else you could try. Either one paint it on which if you do it lightly it doesn’t look too bad, thats what one of my friends did. If I were you I might try spray painting the thing, but then again it might rub off on your uniform that and green doesn’t look too bad, it matches with the alice pack straps.

what about bleach. makeiing the color lighter,like almost white.would bleach work?

Many have tried to bleach and dye green pistol belts, all have failed.

i use my dad’s belt from when he was in Vietnam, it’s an olive green color, and i think it still looks great. what I’ve realized is that hardly anyone cares about the difference in belt colors. especially if you’ve got a nuclear accelerator on your back! :slight_smile: