Beginners Proton Pack working from budget.

OK well just starting this thing. already got my jumpsuit ect ect. But really want to get started on this proton pack! erm looking for some great beggining tips. I am working from a budget and am willing to sacrifice screen accuracy to get a nice begginers Pack. So I essentially cant afford one of the shells not that I wouldnt love one as they are excellent work

I guess what im asking is…can it be done?

Ps: I have the Pep files for a papercraft Proton pack but arent sure how the community feels about it and I havent done alot of pep.

Luke.

The Pep files would be fantastic, especially if you want a super cheap pack that can easily be done. Practicing always helps with that too (doing some smaller projects, read tutorials, etc), but there are some plans on the site for a “cheap” pack that’s been going around since the late 1990s, finished up in 2001:

But the thing with Proton packs is that they can be made with just about anything with a little know-how. I’ve seen cardboard packs, paper (like listed above), wood, foamcore, all sorts of stuff.

I don’t see why the community’s opinion would matter with the pepakura proton pack, considering it’s gotten a rather positive reception, lol.

are you using the pepakura files located in this thread?

I did everything i could to make them the most screen accurate pepakura proton pack plans available. if you got them from some where else, they are with out a shadow of a doubt incorrect (they are why i made mine). i’m also doing a walk through how to make those files work as i build two for myself. also, as i figure them out, i may upload a new file to replace the old ones that may make it easier to assemble that part AND when i figure out a more accurate measurement for something, i update it.

my major goal with that thread is to help people new to prop making learn new techniques. so you’ll walk away knowing how to work with resin, bondo, work with pepakura, tools, and prop making materials.

ive scratch built 7 proton packs so far, and collectively, ive never spent more than 200.

so, yes. it can be done.

Bradester also made a really nice looking pack for about sixty bucks out of dollar store junk. It shoots silly string, too.

Disregard this and use ProtonChargers files.

I am making a ProtonCharger Pep paper pack aswell as a shell pack. I have made two pieces so far and I have to say it will look great when done and take you time and patience is the key.

Go to the equipment plans section and build a Norm pack. I built mine in two weeks for about 100 bucks.(could of been cheaper) Plus it looked the part enough for everybody to recognize it.

Norm pack is ok but there have been alot of discoverys since 2001. Best bet is to use the proton charger method. If you can cut and fold paper you can build the pack.

my pack is built from a couple boxes, a blown 12 in speaker, wand is hot curling iron, and a tube/vial. backing board, coil blk paint. weed eater string, bathroom cleaner painted green. couple zip ties. If I could only post the pics I cant seem to figure out how. I have them saved to the computer but as to attatching them? I can’t figure that out :frowning: