Building a Ghostbusters Themed Halloween Display

Someone had asked me if I had photos from our GB themed Halloween display from last years contest. Since the contest site has changed for this years contest the photos and videos are no longer up. So I thought I’d post photos showing the process of building it (more or less) as they could be handy for anyone considering such a feat! We did it all on the cheap, using scrap, and found stuff, buying very little lumber, and MANY trips to the dollar store.

Not sure the best location for this thread either, wasn’t sure if it should go in props, and if so, what section of props?

Building Ecto-1: click to enlarge

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

Creating Slimer: click to enlarge

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

The Display Coming Together: click to enlarge

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

After Halloween last year, Ecto-1 wound up in a friends barn.

image

Still there for now…perhaps a little dirtier.

image

Sadly I didn’t get many photos of building the trap or Containment Unit. If any one has specific questions let me know.

Oh and here are some videos:

Ghostbusters Music Video

Blooper Reel

Containment Unit Test (click to watch)

image

An Early Walk-through (click to watch)

image

Terror Dog (click to watch)

image

Ecto-1 Light Test(click to watch)

image

What an awesome display. Thanks for sharing the pics.

This is so amazing!

Impressive! Thanks for sharing!

If I were to make any one of those things, it would be the crowning achievement of my life. Everything from the Terror Dog to Slimer to the containment unit to the car and getting Grampa dressed as Dan Aykroyd.

And you’ve done it all. And you’re so casual about it.

Incredible work.

seriously amazing stuff, I think my favorite is the 1:1 fake Ecto

Thanks guys! I can’t take credit for everything though, slimmer and the terror dog were made by a friend with construction tips by me. I also had a lot of help in building the other stuff, too much work for just 2 hands. :wink:

This

You’ve got me thinking though. I bet a lighted “no ghosts” sign (non molded of course) wouldnt be too difficult to make and might actually encourage people to come to our house for candy.

We have a real tough time with it every year because the 2 houses to our left, right, and the 2 across the street are usually dark on halloween and we don’t have a visible front door from the street. People see the walkway alongside the house and apparently think “serial killers” instead of “spooky maze”

I love it! I wish my neighbors would do a display like that!

How did you make that Slimer? What materials did you use! This is great!

That’s a very impressive display, great work.

This is absolutely breathtaking!! Amazing work!!