If you have any Goodwills or the Habitat for Humanity store (they’re called Restore in Ohio), you can probably find clamps large enough for pretty cheap (<$5).
5 bucks??? Argh! We don’t seem to have any of those stores here
Bummer.
Thanks for the heads up, tho! ![]()
I was checking Home Depot’s site and they have one that is 6" and runs for 20 bucks… ouch!
JT you can sometimes find cheap clamps in places like Poundland (Dollar Store I think its called in the I think its called in the US, you must have the equivalant in PR)…any of those cheap stores may have something. Not normally the best quality, but for doing what we need them for they are fine…Just an idea mate.
Keith
You know, I totally forgot about those!!! I managed to get one for 10 bucks. I’ll later take a trip to the dollar store and check if they have something!
Thanks!!! ![]()
Well, the process has begun!
Although I’ll build my trap of MDF, I decided to build the battery compartment and front display with 1/16" PVC. I went to Home Depot yesterday and found this huge, thick PVC “for sale” sign. It’s not flimsy as the styrene one. It’s very rigid, but easy to work with. A little scoring and snip and managed to get those 2 parts done! ![]()
Here are some progress shots. I’ve already filled the seams with putty and tomorrow I’ll be doing some sanding and prepping the other parts (while I study from my LSAT test. hehehe) I created real size templates in Illustrator and printed them in cardboard, cut them and traced it over the PVC “for sale” sign.
With all my heart, thanks a lot for all the help you’ve provided here, PM and e-mail
You guys rock!
This has nothing to do with the ghost trap, but assuming you are using a phone for your pics, you can get rid of the Haziness of your pics by removing the back case bit, and cleaning the lens under the case, as usually its just a fingerprint… i hate when it happens to me, just tip if you didn’t know why its doing that. ![]()
You know… I think you are right! I am using my cell phone… and I think it is pretty dirty!
Here are some updates!
Now that is looking excellent Jose!!..Should be a good strong Trap when you’re finished…great in-progress pics, thanks for posting those up mate, nice to be able to see what you’re up to.
Keith
wow looking fantastic! going to be watching this thread with a close eye for sure!
Thanks Nick! I’m very flattered! ![]()
Yesterday I did a LOT of wood filling, bondo, sanding, more bondo, more sanding and primered all the parts! I’ll make sure to post some pics later in the day!
I got some more done today. I took all the parts and did some priming, filling, sanding, more filling, more sanding, then again some more filling, and sanding. After I was done, I did some more filling and sanding, too!
Not much, but here are some pics:
Looking very, very nice. Keep the pics coming.
perfect! i have some left over resin dials and resistors etc I can give you if you like. let me know ![]()
Thanks fellas!
Nick: thanks a lot for the offer!!!
You really are top notch, Sir!
I am happy to say that I am almost done! My very first built, completely from scratch!
Due to my austere budget, I had to improvise with some stuff I had laying around, so you’ll see it’s a little mix between GB1 and GB2 but hey, it gets the work done!
All I need is to add some little things here and there: make a fake display window… didn’t like how the first one turned out. Also see if I can find a round disk to put below one of the knobs… still not sure what to do about that; add some weathering (dry brush, Fuller’s Earth) and it’ll be ready!
I don’t think I’ll add wheels for the moment for 2 reasons: since it’s a stunt trap, it’ll be always hanging on my belt, so no use for wheels here, and second, because I still need to get some stuff for my costume, and money is real tight right now ![]()
Tomorrow I’ll possibly start doing a trap holder! Got an aluminum piece (which I’ll be carefully cutting with my orbital jigsaw), piece of black leather, rivets… let’s see how that turns out! (That’s 2 bucks for the piece of aluminum, and 10 bucks for the rivets and piece of leather… not bad!).
Well, here are some progress shots! Tomorrow is “Weathering trap day”! If you guys notice something that I might have missed, please feel free to post, and your feedback is greatly appreciated! ![]()
Still filling, sanding
Yep, those are my trap doors. Lovely!
Almost final!
Looking awesome Jose!!..So glad that it came together for you mate, really well done!!
Hey, where did you get the red lettering on the front of the Trap cartridge by the knobs/dials?
Keith
Thanks Keith!
Man, I gotta say thanks to you for all your help and support!
Some time ago I placed an order for pack/wand dry rub transfers from namebrand. I had no idea the set included the transfers for the trap as well. It was not until later down the road that I noticed them!
Update!
Added some weathering.
Looks like you got it just about right Jose…very nicely done mate!!
Keith
Thanks Keith!!!
I had to add some black wash over the dry brushing to make it more even! I kinda went overboard with the dry brushing first but managed to dull it a little bit. ![]()