syckotheklowns mdf stunt trap build

Well, given a few things… matty trap prices are crazy, kit builds are even out of my price range at the moment, and being in need of a trap… iv decided to build my own. It will be a stunt trap, the doors wont open, I MAY add a simple light electronic for the blinking light. Im using CPU64’s measurement s, but not his plans exactly. I think im going for the outside look to be as close as possible. If you follow me, you know I have a pack build going on as well. So check it out. Thanks in advance for following

As you see I think im off to a promising start. Got my pieces cut out so far in no time. Thanks to my fathers day gift. The dremel saw max. Cuts through mdf like butter. I attached the walls with counter sunk screws I dont mind becauee they wont be visible when the aluminum plates are attached.

Off to a nice start.

Nice start

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can get some more work done on it today

I’m going to be doing my trap very similar to how you are. Looks cool so far.

Well time for another small update. It was pretty nice out yesterday so I got the trapnhandle mounted. Which took longer than expected, the first was too short. So I have to make a new one. I cut the wall for the front of the trap out of 1/2 inch plywood ( so its not all mdf sue me). And cut a brace that will back tge abs box on the back of the trap. Im using abs because it will keep any unnecessary weight to a minimum. The plate on the top isnt mounted I will be cutting a rectangle out of it so the doors that will be one solid piece can comenoff and I can storw stuff in it, or convert to a smoking trap. The doors will LOOK like two seperatw doors but will ne one piece. And attached with high powered magnets. at oeast thats the plan on paper so far… enjoy

Looks fantastic! A good idea to use something stronger than MDF on the handle since that could break easily.

Dang, this makes me want to start on mine. deep breath One thing at a time…

About how heavy would you say your trap is right now using the MDF? I was leaning towards a foam build to cut down on weight, but if the MDF isn’t bad, I may use that. Keep up the good work my man!

That’s exactly what I was thinking. The mdf while great, would be too thin at 1/4 inch and I’d worry about handling too rough. Not to mention I wasn’t about to go out and by thicker mdf for a small piece like that. Lol.

Thanks for the compliments shootforit. If I had to guess, at this stage I’d say maaaaybe 1lb give or take a couple ounces. It’s really sturdy as well.

Looks good.

Thanks jessejames.

So I went out tonight for some wood filler, and the hex head screws for the aluminum plates. Bit that’s later on.

Quick update. I did the back box tonight out of 1/8 abs plastic I took from and empty rock salt container. Its nice and rigid. It has some gaps but only slight and nothin that the bondo wont fix.

It’s coming on very nicely man.

Thanks venkman.

Hey bro, what dremel bit did you use to cut the pieces?

Today I tried a test cut using my dremel, and one of the ‘cut off wheels’ that it came with. I got about two inches into the cut before the cut off wheel just disintegrated.

I was really looking forward to getting underway with my build, but it looks like I’ll either have to buy a better bit for my dremel, or borrow my dads jigsaw. Since he lives a few miles away, it could be weeks before I manage to get by his house. Which sucks.

I WANT TO BUILD STUFF NOWWWWWWW!!! AND I DON’T WANT TO SPEND ANY MONEY!!!

Don’t we all?

Hey shoot. Well for the large pieces I got a dremel saw max. $100 at home depot. It was WELL worth it. Youll find yourself using this thing ALOT. if you dont wanna get one, which id advise you do… id say spring for a fine tooth skill saw blade. The dremel rotary while very cool for other things on the trap, isnt great for cutting.

Well that explains a lot. Thanks! Looks like I will have to see about borrowing a fine toothed jigsaw.

Keep up the good work on your build btw. I’ll need reference pics!