is it wise to buy parts form ebay for me this might be the easy way to go get started ive got no experance with tools or any thing but stll like i said for me might be the best way to go.
If you buy anything off eBay make sure to look at the Blacklisted seller list in the For Sale section of the forum to avoid sellers that will just rip you off or give you a huge headache. The For Sale section is also a good place to look for members here who are selling items, as well as clicking the “Shop” link at the top of the site to see what AJ Quick has in stock.
I just had a bad experiance trying to buy something on eBay. I had bid and won a Proton Pack (w/ lights!) at 12:30am this Tuesday, August 3rd. I e-mailed the guy and said hey, I have the money to pay for this I just have it tied up in PayPal at the moment, can you give me a couple of days to send you the cash? Paypal has this policy where if you have under a 100 feedback score they “hold” your money until the buyer gets his product. I had $1400 waiting to be released in a couple of days from multiple items I had sold previously.
He replied back saying that because I basically told him I’m not going to pay for the pack, he ALREADY sold it to someone else. I was like… WTF?? Not even 24 hours had passed from the time the auction ended until he had already sold it to someone else! I told him I had the money, it was just tied up - OR I could just send him the money when I got my regular paycheck on Friday. I have a perfect feedback score of 100%, I pay for what I bid on.
The kicker is, in his auction description he stated he was trying to sell it locally for $1500, and he would end the auction early if it sold. I think that is against the rules of eBay to do that, first off.. Second, I have the right to purchase what I won, it is a contract to sell he entered into, and I don’t think it is right what he did.. I should have known, he had a feedback score of zero! Sigh
So, I’m out a Proton Pack I rightfully won, with nothing to show for it.
Let this be a warning, only deal with people that have a good feedback score or someone you can do a reference check on.. or you may get burned like I did. Just FYI. ![]()
-Andy
You can get most of the parts, if not all right here. Check the Shop area and the “For sale” threads as well. Even if you have no experience, take the time to read and use the search function. Most of the questions have already been answered and there are plenty of tutorials around to give you a head start.
Sol Prime, that sucks, but it might have been probably for the better. You still have time left if you want a set up for Halloween. With all the info here you can get/make/get parts and get a great looking pack for less than that… with working lights and sound!