Dan Aykroyd cameo in the Real Ghostbusters?

I saw that Dan Aykroyd had an uncredited cameo as the Producer for the Ghostbusters movie in “Take two” and was wondering if anyone could verify it.

The guy who gave them the script and said “we’d love your advice, as long as we don’t have to change anything”.

Sounds like him.

I know that Dan Akroyd gave some critive input on the show, but I don’t believe he ever did a voice on the show. I can’t confirm or deny it though since you say it was uncredited.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbIjlLgQskw

4:40

I don’t believe that is Dan Akroyd playing the producer. It sounds more like Maurice Lamarch (Egon’s Voice) using a different register. Dan Akroyd could still be in the episode somewhere but I’ve never heard his voice in the 25 years I’ve been watching the cartoon. If I have missed a clear cameo from Dan Akroyd I should be ashamed of myself. :slight_smile:

It DOES sound a lot like him to me.

Where’d you read this?

I find it very unlikely, as the Producer doesn’t sound anything like Dan.

I have never heard this story before but listen to it with your eyes closed…it does sound very much like Dan and I can pick up on a few Canadian bits in his voice here and there. Think of all the silly voices he’s done, including SNL. It does sound to be around the same range for Dan’s speaking voice…

or you just have me really hearing it now :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P928ViF-Os

listen at around 57 seconds when Dan starts talking…

I’ve never noticed it either, but I thought it sort of sounded like Aykroyd too.

I have a bad memory but GB was the ONLY thing I can remember. I do remember watching an episode where it did sound like Dan Akroyd and I swear I saw his name in the credits :slight_smile:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

His name was in the credits every episode, though. “Based on the Characters created by Dan Aykroyd (and) Harold Ramis”

Nothing the verify here. Dan has never claimed to had voiced in a episode. If so, a link is in order.

Dan wasn’t to my knowledge a voice actor til much later in his career. Anyways, it doesn’t sound like Dan anyways.

Btw this isin’t directed 2 u specifically but 2 everyone on GB fans: I might be a “Newbie” 2 this site but nof to GB :slight_smile:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

I never noticed it on my own. But now that I’m listening for it, I’d say it sounds like it could be Dan Aykroyd.

I’m going to go against the grain here because it really doesn’t sound like him to me.

Of course, I didn’t realize Mark Hamill had done an episode of RGB until last year.

But this one just seems like a fan-wish. I remember a similar persistent rumor a couple of years ago that one of the background voices in Star Tours was an uncredited Mark Hamill (speak of ‘the devil’-- see what I did there?)

I personally got to interview the ride’s creator and he said it was not Hamill, it was one of their own Imagineering sound technicians saying that particular line.

In the case of Dan Aykroyd, if he did indeed record a voice for ‘Take Two’, which aired in 1986, he made no mention of this when interviewed on Oprah to promote the second movie in 1989, at the point when the subject of the cartoon series came up.

Alex

I couldnt believe it was Mark Hamill that voiced the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series until I saw an interview where he broke out that trademark “Joker” laugh.

Saw it on TV years ago, I guess a google search is in order.

At first I wanted to say it did sound like him but I believe that to be the voice of voice acting alum Bill Ratner aka Flint from GI Joe. I could be wrong but I’m almost positive its him. I checked the credits on that episode and he is not listed but they never really listed the extra voices on the credits. We probably won’t be able to verify this short of someone asking Dan or Bill if that was them.

Huh? Can I ask which episode did he do? I can’t find a credit for him doing the series.

I can’t recall the source for this, but the claim was that he’s the voice of Dib Devlin in “The Devil to Pay”.

Now that we’ve heard him for so many years as the Joker, go back and listen to Dib again.

Alex

Admittedly it is IMDB, so potentially a pinch of salt… but that site credits Dib as being voiced by Greg Burson.

I’m going to employ a little bit of Occam’s Razor: the simplest explanation is the most likely one (in other words, it’s not Dan).

I don’t believe Dan had any voice roles on The Real Ghostbusters. The original poster hasn’t linked to anything that supports the thing he supposedly read, and I’m sure that in the 27 years since the cartoon came out, we would’ve heard by now if he’d done any vocal work on the show.

It’s a nice idea, but it’s simply wishful thinking.

William Atherton sounds like he was playing the director in that Take Two.