looks like i’m ending up with 2 different pack bumpers from different sellers… i was going to sell the one I dont use but decided maybe I should keep the other as a spare. i dont plan on wearing the thing too often, but how easily, or how often do people break their resin pack bumpers?
They shouldn’t break at all unless you manage to drop your entire pack directly onto it somehow. Your biggest issue would be cracking it from over-tightening the screws when attaching it.
It also depends on the quality of the resin they’re cast in.
I’ve had them bend from heat (this was before attaching them, once they are in place, this won’t happen), and I’ve had them chip when I have backed into walls, etc. But I have not had them break on me.
But, a pristine bumper as a backup is a good idea so, if needed, you could switch out if the original gets chipped up too bad.
sounds good! thanks for all the replies. I just assumed that the resin would snap easily if bumped in to, but glad to hear otherwise.