Does No Spider-Man 4 = Ghostbusters 3 for 2011?

I completely agree with that, the film was not that bad, just some bits weren’t right which let it down

When i heard the news i thought of great we’ll get Zac Efron as peter and get Spider-Man 4: The High School Musical

and i still fear having a very bad reboot in a twilight/HSM sort of cheezy format dumbed down for “the average teen”

The only sane reason i can think of a reboot is, they’ve killed off characters and in Spider-Man that doesn’t often happen, and if it does its only comic book death and I think sony had a problem with trying to revive characters convincingly.

I always had a problem with Spider-Man killing his enemies in the films, it meant they were restricted on plot lines they could emulate into a movie format.

I suspect they will go with an Ultimate Spider-Man format for 4 now, which i’m not too pleased on as i didn’t like the origins of some characters, venom and Carnage for one

but I doubt this will effect GB3 other films are more likely to get pushed forward, unless there is a large fan interest and its got a decent script ready and available ready for production

I hope it didn’t inconvenience you too much to go out of your way to post a reply to this thread simply to insult someone rather than actually contributing something.

I started this thread simply because of some thought provocative speculation that some members here might find interesting to discuss in light of this week’s news about the Spider-Man franchise restructuring. If this thread doesn’t interest you then I’m sure there are plenty of others that will.

Now why don’t you go search Google yourself to find out that the King Kong property has absolutely nothing to do with Sony/Columbia Pictures and take a few minutes to think about what you’re saying before you throw out a completely irrelevant insult next time.

i was illustrating that the logic of a cancelled spidey 4 does not mean ghostbusters 3. if you are going by gb3 news any where, you may notice none of it matches up.

but hey, i live in the real world and can figure out information on my own. you’ll be disappointed when no spiderman 4 means no ghostbusters 3.

conan obrien might not do the tonight show anymore = he’s in GB3!

He’s not entirely wrong - summer’s are planned out years in advance. Whole fiscal years are structured to produce, advertise, and generally push certain key movies that the studio feel will ensure a return for stockholders. Spider-man 4 was definitely that movie for 2011, but if it’s gone, then Sony will be looking at what will replace it, and anything that’s further along in the gearing up phase will be a good bet.

Which is funny, because Ghostbusters one got made under similar circumstances - Columbia was in a weird place, wanted Ghostbusters for 1984, resulting in a very short production period before its Summer release.

I’m not saying it’s a sure thing either, but it’s a solid thought. It can only HELP Ghostbusters 3, that’s for sure.

Proton, fair enough.

I absolutely agree that just because Spider-Man 4 has been scrapped this certainly does not mean that GB3 will see the light of day. I’m on board with everyone who feels that they won’t believe it until they see set photos and production stills. After all, this has been a roller coaster ride of a franchise for fans to keep up with and with a multitude of false starts and rumors.

However I also did not simply throw some random film’s cancellation having a potentially positive impact on GB3 out there for the hell of it. As castewar acknowledges above, there is some solid logic behind studios having a “Plan B” or “insurance policy” when it comes to summer films and the revenue they provide. I don’t mean to say that GB3 was “Plan B” all along, but it may be in development at the right time to benefit from Sony’s recent developments…and I highly doubt Sony will go into Summer 2011 without a tentpole film. It’s too valuable a time of year not to have a stakehorse in the running.

That’s all I’m trying to say.

Not trying to create news or buzz or anything else…it is just something interesting to think about and discuss with the other GB fans here that also might find it interesting.