ECTO-Blazer???.

Ok so since i was a kid i always wanted to have my very own ecto, who hasn’t. About a year ago I bought a 2000 Chevy Blazer LT and was going to origanaly do a GB-makeover to it but due to money issuses I never got around to it… Well finally i am going to start working on it in hopes of have it done by the 4th of july. The color is the stock gold and I want to keep it the color. but I seem to have some issues with a layout. im looking for some ideas of what you would like to see it as. so please post some ideas or message me and I will take all into considerettion and as soon as i come out with a layout i will post it for yall to see.

I have a 91 blazer(red) it’s a great truck. I agree staying with the gold. Post a picture of ur ride.

This is my truck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4hONLGloQ

as soon as i find my cable for my camera, I will surrally do so

I’ve got a 93 blazer and from the side, something about it screams ecto. I have plans on making a pack rack in the back and a small, low profile roof rack with logos on the front doors and rear hatch.

I like the idea of people using different vehicles other than the Meteor as a form of an Ecto. Can’t wait to see what comes of this man.

update number 1= ok so i got around to making the logos for the doors and they looked sweet, but 2 night ago i was parked over at a friends house and they were stolen! how could anyone be so mean, oh well i guess round 2 time to make some new new ones…

Where ya at in Wheeling?

I take it these were the magnetic kind?

@ chevyecto1- I’m at the corner of 83 and Dundee

@Bru-Mart- Ya i tried to go cheap and make some using a kit i got at staples…

update number 2- ok so i got a price on the paint jod, decided to go all white and had a buddy of mine do custom red pin-striping. for the roof rack, I’ll be removing the stock one and bolting on a Yakima low profile rack with round bar uprights and then painting every other bar yellow to give it that caution tape look. I’ll be adding on a front off road push with emergancy lights. along with tail light brush covers. a local vinal shop gave me a good price for the logos (one on driver and passanger door plus one on back hatch), but i cant seem to find a new set of stock rims. The chevy dealership down the street dosen’t even carry them anymore…oh well the search shall continue.

P.S. the truck has been offically dubbed the ECTO- ORRV (Off Road Response Vehicle) thanks to the help of my baby brother!

As for the wheels, you’d be surprised how much of the gunk on a wheel can be cleaned off with a little scrubbing. Get some wheel cleaner from an auto store, gloves, and an old towel. Let the cleaner soak for a bit then really scrub at it. Most of the deposits are actually just brake dust and brake dust rust.

Recently restored my wheels, quite surprising. Jus be sure to wear gloves while doing do, the gunk soaked through my towel and stained my hands for a week.

That’s understandable for wanting to use magnets, just sucks that some hooligan stole them, but I’m glad to hear everything is turning around and your Ecto is coming together.

Hello new here . Iam still in the works but heres my Ecto 1A SRT Tactical Unit Blazer

This is a shot in Monroe Ohio, In the back is whats left of the Butter Jesus after the fire .

Is that an A Team van in the background?

I like the blazer. The wheels and hood are outrageously stupid, but can has great paint, you did a terrific job with bright, clean vinyl, your lightbars are polished, and the rack looks very tidy. Put more stuff on top and take more pictures!

That’s pretty badass! I’m not a big fan of the wheels or hood either, but the truck still looks great. Nice job.

that is sweet! thank you for sharing, curently I’m taking it one step at a time and as soon as my metal comes in I can beging on the work of building the roof-rack.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!! I TRIED WHAT YOU SAID AND THEY LOOK BRAND NEW!

Thanks for the kind words Guys.Yes thats a A-team van in the back I also have a few other tv cars and movie cars. As for the hood and wheels. First the hood it covers a 575 hp 383. The stock hood just wont cover it. I don’t really like it myself .But it works for now . As for the wheels I really don,t think there that bad. I’am in the process of completeing the roof rack. I need a clear half dome if any one has one. If anyone has any ideals please let me know. Thanks guys Shawn

Holy shhhhhit! :cool:

I Second that! That’s amazing man!

I’d very much like to see this at the track, lol