Ecto89 - It's Done!

In the original GB script, the binocs in one scene burned a citation to a crisp that a cop had put on the Ecto.

Looks kinda like the original Ecto 1 before and after lol Looks great man good job.

On my car and on the original, the binocs are the two red tubes… look something like binoculars.

On this ectomobile they are black with a red ‘stem’.

Oh! The thing that looks like a double-barrel gun??? I thought it was a weapon, not a visual aid!

Here are a couple fun Halloween pics while at work. My co-worker dressed as a ghost! I have some from my church events and Halloween itself, but I have not downloaded them yet.

image

image

I did NOT see the black border on your red stripe. Tre chique!

Seriously, a truly beautiful ecto. Depending on the car I can get my hands on the in the next few weeks, I am going to attempt to roadtrip my new Ecto.

Questions:

Is that your to-and-from-work normal car, or is it a side project?

What of the car is removable and what is permanent?

How fast have you taken it?

How long did it take from when construction began to a point where you were satisfied?

How much money do you believe your project cost?

How old are you?

What do you do?

And so on and so forth involving whatever neat tidbits you like to tell about the car.

Well, who knows what it really is. As I said, the script and blueprints call them “T.V. Antenna.”

Black border? Actually its all chrome that I added along all the red!

It’s a side project.

Everything on top comes off. The fins, decals and logos do not.

It has been up to 65 mph.

The costume and car took about 3 months.

I havent sat down and figured out how much out-of-pocket it cost since I had sponsors.

Im 31.

I work at a high school and for a lumber broker.

Freakin’ sweet.

How is your roof rack attached to the car?

I have no idea how much my car cost, I usually say about $1,400. The way I look at it, if I had kept all my reciepts and added them all up, I would curl up under my desk and weep.

How do you store it? We take the rack off when it snows (which it did three times before halloween) and usually just tarp it.

How long do you see you keeping the car in this condition?

The roof rack was stock with the car. All the stuff I added is bolted down using 4 big carriage bolts, nuts and washers.

So far for storage, it’s just sitting out open in the driveway. All the painting I did was done with Rustoleum oil-based paint so it’s pretty water resistant.

I would like to keep the car together thru at least Christmas to do some Christmas parades, but honestly I dont have a place to store it since I have 3 other cars already.

I’d like to have my Ecto in some christmas parades as well, if I knew of any. Only bad part is, I have a good concept in a bad area :lol: The EctoStang would probably be more at home in like.. Florida or something. Ah well. We are going to wear santa hats whenever we’re in uniform this december, and I’m putting rope lights on top of the roof rack and such for christmas too. Oh, and I’ve had my Ecto up to about 97 mph, and I’m sure she could do more if I let her, but she started making a funny sound, alas, that 10 year old suspension is finally showing it’s age.. Time for more parts :frowning:

Mine has literally 247,000 miles on it. I think 65 is fast enough :slight_smile:

What is the big white box for the roof rack made out of?..Can you clue us in on more specific details of your roof rack.. Thanks.

The roof-rack is all paint grade plywood, painted with Rustoleum Professional oil based paint. The water just runs right off of it. The “rails” are all 2" black pvc.

The yellow and yellow/red containters on the side are also painted pvc tubes with end caps. The gun thing on top is wood on top and the rest all pvc. The little white box ontop of the big box is an upside down painted laundry wash basin. The white sensor thing in the back corner is also pvc! I love pvc!!!

Here is how the car is being stored. At least it looks happy to be there? (mind in gutter… sorry):

image

um that would by the chrome contraption on the rear of the roof rack sir

Well I have the EctoStang sit in the garage, I know it’s happy about that. Though once everything on the roof is too tall I’m going to make it so when she’s ready to be put up for the night the taller stuff hinges and lays down on top of her.

Yup! It was the cheapest large metal container I could find and was only $4.

-B

sweet!

since i guessed it what do i win?

jk

I got a few questions for you. 1, where’d or how’d you get the sweet graphics and warning labels? 2, how did you tint the spotlights blue?