EGB Toy Proton Pack

Hey guys, first post, very new etc. Ok, I’m in the process of getting together my own pack, but I understand that Halloween is just around the corner and its unlikely that i’ll be able to be anywhere near completion by that time.

So my main question, the columbia EGB proton pack, i should be able to get my hands on a cheap one for halloween, but I can’t remember how big they were, so I don’t know if it will fit, i’m not an overly big guy, 6" 1", but it is a kids toy. Silly question I know but there is no point in my buying one if it wont fit.

Thanks for your time guys,

Marve

the best thing i could tell you to do is keep checking ebay. they pop up now and agian

oh, and welcome to the board

I remember seeing one in a store years ago and thinking it was much smaller than the rgb pack. The box was the same size as the egb trap box was so…if I had to guess its maybe just over a foot tall, if it helps the blaster is only the size of a handgun and I’m only 5’7 so it’ll probably look smaller on someone whose 6’

lets putitthis way..it fits better on my dog than me..and he is only about a foot and a half long and about a foot high…

Trust me on this one…you’re much better off going without any pack at all than going with one of the toys. They might be good for a laugh or two and yeah, it’s a pack, but in the long run you just look stupid. Here’s an idea…if you know you absolutely can’t finish a pack of any kind before Halloween, just make a trap and maybe a pair of goggles. That way people will know exactly who you are and the lack of a pack won’t be so bad.

However…I think you might be able to whip something up in time since Halloween is still over 2 months away. Nothing screen-accurate mind you, but it’s amazing what can be made in an afternoon in the garage with some junk and black paint. Keep your options open and don’t totally give up on the idea of a pack just yet! :smiley:

Theres one on EBAY right now, so I asked how big the pack is, the seller told me that “the proton pack is 1ft long x 9 inches wide and upto 10 inches wide in various sections” hope that helps

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

I would say just make a pack from stuff around the house , it would look better than the toy

It’s only 12" high, and 7" across, so it looks silly on any adult over five feet. :frowning:

Slightly…but the straps are pretty adjustable. I was really fat around that time in my childhood, so if I could fit into it…well.

im about 6’2 and i still have mine and when i have it on it some what resemble sthe size of a nike string back pack that is the a little smaller but not much that is the best way i can describe how it would fit

I have both the RGB and EGB packs. I’m 5’ 7" and about as skinny as Eduardo, :lol:, which means the packs themselves are not in proportion to me. The guns, however, have remained perfectly proportioned with my hands. My advise would be to build a correctly proportionate pack and just use the toy guns with it. I recommend the RGB toy gun because it has the proton stream sound maker thing inside it.

If I remember right they are about as long as the toy gun. Not very big at all.