Electrical Questions involving lights and sound

I recently purchased the amplified sound board from the store and I’m looking for a few different things:

FIRING BUTTON

First, I need a push button for the firing sounds and lights; so something spring-loaded but that also has two different connections that will complete two currents (one for sound, the other for lights) concurrently. Does anyone know the technical term for that kind of device?

VOLUME CONTROL

I can now turn on the proton pack from the activate button on the gun, the manual vent sound from the upper right switch and the ghostbusters theme from the lower right switch. But seeing as I am hooking up a blue tooth in my pack, I can play the ghostbusters theme or anything else concurrently with the pack sounds so I am considering replacing the lower right switch with volume controls unless someone else has a more creative suggestion. I know that it won’t be visually accurate and while it may bother me a tiny bit, I think I could live with that if I have no other options. My only wish is that there was a way I could control the volume with my gun’s clippard valve…

GUN HOSE CONNECTOR

Lastly, I am looking for a quick release for the proton gun hose to the proton pack itself for easier transportation, etc. that can replace what is pictured above. I’ve been looking into those and realize that I would likely need a round 10 pin connector (to complete the 5 different currents) or more (as long as it is roughly 1 inch in diameter) and I’ve been told that I would want to find one that is unthreaded so that I can connect the wires myself. Also, it would be convenient not only to pop the male and female connections together but also to screw them together without doing any twisting from either end. The technical term for any of that would greatly be appreciated and where I might look for a good one that I don’t have to wait too long for (i’ve been told some music stores would be a great place to look)…

Furtherly, if anyone has any alternative suggestions I am very much open to your ideas

Firing Button

A technical way to describe the sort of switch you’re after (activating two circuits simultaneously) is a double pull double throw (DPDT) switch. There are push switches that come in this configuration, but you’ll need to check the sizing and styling to find a match for the existing one on your Proton Gun.

Volume Contro

I can’t provide any technical suggestions, but depending on the type of Gun Box you’ve used (metal or resin), why not make the top silver knob your volume control?

Gun Hose Connector

I know there are some folks out there (I believe both Freaky Geeky and Anhcon) who offer locking mechanisms for the gun hose where it fits into the Proton Gun, however I’m not presently aware of any with a “quick release” feature.

One of the two offerings by Freaky Geeky has a screw/bolt thread, which would make it a removable option. Anhcon’s might need to be drilled if you wanted to have it hold in with a screw, rather than relying solely on the band of rubber which would create a friction hold.

Double Pole (2 circuits), Single Throw (1 action). DPST NO Momentary Push Button Switch.

So wait… do I need a DPDT or DPST?

A DPDT push button will typically complete 1 circuit when the button is pressed, and complete another circuit when the button is not pressed.

A DPST push button will typically complete 2 circuits when the button is pressed.

DPST is probably what you want.

K, I canceled my order on the DPDT switch I made, but the guy on the phone told me that a DPDT switch is what I want, but a momentary switch which they did not have. In the meanwhile, he pointed these out to me:

http://www.we-supply.com/browse.cfm/4,10665.html

http://www.we-supply.com/browse.cfm/4,10658.html

So it looks like I have a hose connector with extra pins to spare…

Hey there!

First, is the soundboard you bought the GBFans Soundboard, this; http://www.gbfans.com/shop/electronics/amplified-sound-board/

If so, you can just use the normal push buttom. The GBFans soundboard has a collective negative pole that has been attached to all parts. You can use that with electronics on the gun, just hook up one wire from the gun button to the soundboard where the shooting sound comes, and it should work without a DPDT button. At least works on my gun.

As for the making a Clippard on the gun to working volume control, see my tutorial on the issue here;

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37282

Yup, I’m using the amplified sound board. We may have to look over it again, because we couldn’t figure out how to push the lights and sound through the one current in the push button. We’ll give that another shot though after reading your suggestion.

As far as the clipart valve conversion, I am incredibly impressed. I don’t expect this to be the case, but do you ever take requests on that conversion if people are willing to pay for the parts and labor?