Electronic board mounting

I haven’t decided how to handle my electronics yet. I do plan on attaching the battery to the mother board with industrial velcro. And I was decided on the standoffs for mouting the boards but may go with project boxes if I can find a placement i’m happy with.

I have the crix / heavy props lights so I believe I will have to mount my pack light board to the pack since the powercell led’s are on the board. If I mount them to the motherboard will they still shine through the window like they are intended to?

What is the preferred method around here? Mounting to the motherboard, the shell or both? I am aware that alot of people don’t like the hassle of having the shell and mb connected by wire but is it really that big of a hassle?

Nobody?

Im heading into the city this weekend to look for some supplies? I know Radio Shack sells the stand offs do they sell anything else that would help keep my board from touching the aluminum mobo and shorting out?

Im also thinking of getting some rubber gasket sheeting and glueing it to the mobo just to be extra safe, i’m pretty confident that I can wire everything together without burning it out but i’ve been costuming long enough to know things break so i’m trying to plan ahead for the boards to keep the possibility of shorting them out down to a minimum.

I also have the Crix setup and I’m looking for ideas too.

I think I’m going to use some L-brackets and bolts to mount the power cell lights to the motherboard. I’m going to mount the cyclotron lights to the shell with flashlight reflectors and glue.

It’'ll be a big pain to remove the shell from the mobo to change batteries or do repairs. I’m going to try to give the cyclotron lights plenty of slack for this and minimize the need to open the shell at all.

My mother board is wood (it’s a holdover from an old, old scratchbuild project) so I don’t have to worry about electronics shorting on it. You can maybe try to coat the inside of your aluminum mobo with plastidip. My local Lowes sells it for like $5 for a spray can in the spray paint section.

I’m still trying to figure out how exactly to mount the thrower lights, though.

I mounted my battery project box outside of the shell so charging and turning off the battery can be eaisly done.

You can get all kinds of mounting tape and Velcro at Radio Shack.

My powercell light is mounted using two 2x8 Lego bricks and hot glue.

Rule of thumb, Use VHB tape on things you don’t plan on messing with :amp, project boxes ect. And use Velcro on things like your light and sound chips so if you want to change them out at any point it’s easy to remove and replace with a new chip.

I would love to see pics of your Lego setup, please.

Has anyone successfully mounted a Crix gun light kit in a ThrowingChicken 3.0 kit?

I just started with mounting my gun lights last night. It’s a tight squeeze in a mmm gun body but it fits. The biggest problem is getting the bar graph mounted and getting the other lights plugged in, it’s tight with the space available. When I do the final install I think I might use some tweezers to help out.