Favorite Films past and present,apart from Ghostbusters.

I was a big John Candy fan growing up to this day still am.i loved him in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.also loved Harold Ramis’s National Lampoon’s Vacation.i’m also a huge Back To The Future fan.i would love to know what my fellow GB-Fans have a love for in other films.

I’m a big Ernest P. Worrell fan and love the original Halloween series. I can sit through most any movie though.

Night Shift. (The one with Micheal Keatons first role). I love the ■■■■ outta that movie.

Also, I might be in the minority here, but I just picked up the extended version of That Thing You Do. Great family movie.

I’d have to say Boondock Saints, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Blues Brothers.

Keaton plays an amazing role in Pacific Heights,so evil.

There’s a couple movies that make my list:

Forbidden Planet is just an amazing film to watch.

A Clockwork Orange is great for the first 35- 45 minutes and then just falls apart after that :slight_smile:

DeathRace 2000 ( the original) just makes me giggle.

Star Trek III , Probably the most under rated trek film of the batch.

A few that I have watched again right after watching them:

The Hangover

Forbidden Planet

The Time Machine (original)

Forbidden World

Galaxy Of Terror

One Crazy Summer

Galaxy Quest

Space Mutany, this is just a really bad fim that reminds me of the Star Trek 2009 movie which is equally as bad.

movies that i can watch over and over…

Blade Runner

Groundhog Day

■■■■■ Wonka and the chocolate factory…original

Robocop

I watched (Dragnet) last night another one of my faves :slight_smile: Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks work really well together.and tonight for the first time i’m watching (The Great Outdoors) to this day still not watched it but people say it’s a classic so i’m sure i’ll love it :stuck_out_tongue:

Fight Club

Children of Men

Moon

Kick Ass

The Thing

Monster House

Schindler’s List

Punch-Drunk Love

Amelie

Waking Life

Memento

Three Kings

yada yada yada

Alien

Aliens

Star Wars (not that prequel abomination)

Star Trek (series/film)

BeetleJuice

Robocop

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Schindler’s List

Jaws

Big

Apollo 13

Sorry Ghostbusters, but RoboCop is my absolute favorite film of all time. There’s also…

  • Back To The Future (Part 1)
  • Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
  • Star Trek II, IV, VI, XI
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
  • Star Wars
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • The Producers '05
  • The Incredibles
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Terminator 2
  • Blade Runner
  • WALL-E
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • The Last Crusade
  • Alien
  • The Iron Giant
  • Gattaca
  • Toy Story Trilogy
  • Moon
  • Jaws
  • Speed Racer
  • District 9
  • The Fifth Element
  • The Fountain
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  • Get Him To The Greek
  • Dog Day Afternoon
  • The Thing
  • Kick-Ass
  • Metropolis
  • Is it too cliche to say The Godfather?

I heard on G4 there is another Beetljuice in the works!

I LOVE That Thing You Do!

If you haven’t watched it yet though, you might find some interesting new quirks about Tom Hanks’ character in that movie that were cut (by him obviously, since he’s the director).

That’s a great film though.

films that are tied for 2nd include:

Star Wars Saga

Indian Jones Series

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1 & 2 only)

Jurassic Park

Spaceballs

The Man Who Knew Too Little

I am also a fan of That Thing You Do! great song and good story.

While II is good I just can’t watch it over and over that much I think it’s all the Modern Props, props.

IV is also good but is kind of strange to me, it’s pretty much the non-Star Trek, Trek movie, fish out of water movie that really shows it’s age.

VI for the longest time disturbed me until I finally figured it out, the openning music is just odd.

XI, where to begin, Seeing that it wipes the history of Trek clean and the studio dumped the archives at the same time I haven’t been able to watch it again. Two weeks ago I tried to watch it and just had to pull it out , it’s just so bad. Here’s a few things I noticed:

Cement floors on the Enterprise.

Engineering is a brewery or a water filteration plant with lasers projected on the tank ends?!?

Filmed in a warehouse?!?

Railings all over the place, reminds me of Space Mutany.

The Enterprise looks weak, the engine supports look like they are buckling under the weight.

The engines look like white out pens.

Transporter pads are now domed, pretty stupid design ready to break some ankles.

The bridge now has a ramp running out the back?!?

The ship is too white inside,

Sick bay looked like a closet.

The ice planet:

A door to a station on a ice / snow planet that opens outward?!? Oh and the push bar on the door is the same type used all over my work.

Is the same planet a moon of Vulcan? Spock watches as Vulcan gets destroyed but somehow the planet is not effected by the wormhole created destroying Vulcan.

The movie just seemed gimicky, rehashing and quite frankly insulting.

One good thing about that archive dump is that I was able to pick up several items used in the production of Star Trek:

Star Trek The Motion Picture:

Full Class A uniform.

STTMP- STIV:

Full Engineering Fire Crew radation Jumpsuit with boots, gloves and helmet. (orange)

Full landing bay dock worker uniform with boots, chest and back pack.

STII- STVII, Voyager:

Crewman Jumpsuit, with tags from Paramount ( STII- STVI) , STVII (Generations) and Voyager.

STIII

Phaser Holster, the only time a holster is used in the TOS Trek movies!!

STIV:

Full Vulcan technician outfit, shirt, pants, belt, cuffs, hat and boots.

Star Trek Enterprise:

Phase Rifle prop.

As far as IV is concerned, it’s a fantastic fan-service comedy, like A Piece of the Action or The Trouble with Tribbles. And I don’t think a movie showing it’s age is a bad thing when it’s set in a particular year. It’d be like complaining that the '85 scenes from Back To The Future feel too '80s.

While I won’t argue with Trek XI having some issues, I really enjoyed it. My issues mostly stem from (as hideous and unbalanced as the new Ent is) weak characterization of the villain, a bizarre Kirk (he’s supposed to embrace and revere exploration; romanticize Starfleet and space travel) who seems incredibly short-sighted, and an overt militarization of Starfleet that makes me feel uncomfortable.

It’s nice to know that so far all of you have good taste :slight_smile:

Boondock Saints,Star Wars 1-6,BTTF.Damn theres just to many. The Saints are my all time favorite.

Sent from my eGlide using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Animal House is up there with Ghostbusters as my favorite flicks. After that it’s a grab bag of different horror movies, indie flicks, foriegn films, and animated classics

The Warriors

Star Wars

The Thing

Taken

Beerfest

Shawshank Redemption