List Your Top Favorite Films

What are your favorite films? I’ll start:

Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters II

Help!

Bullitt

Groundhog Day

A Hard Day’s Night

Four Christmases

Spaceballs

Rocky

Caddyshack

Ghostbusters: Answer the Call

Stripes

Meatballs

Top 10, in no particular order:

Ghostbusters

Back to the Future (trilogy)

The Godfather

Star Wars (trilogy)

Jaws

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Jurassic Park

Ed Wood

Casino Royale

Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World

Those are my top ten, but theres also a few movies that might not be the greatest films, but they are movies I love and keep going back to again and again. So a shout out to these comfort movies that I couldnt live without:

The 'Burbs

The Blues Brothers

The Great Outdoors

Groundhog Day

Christmas Vacation

The Goonies

Beetlejuice

PotC: Curse of the Black Pearl

Superman: The Movie

Scrooged

My top 10 , no particular order

Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters II

Blues Brothers

Sinister

The Conjuring

2001 Space Odyssey

Insidious

Beetlejuice

Top Gun

The Last Samurai

Night at the Opera

Maltese Falcon

Any Walt-era Disney movie

Guys and Dolls

Sound of Music

Dog Day Afternoon

Network

Blues Brothers

Pirates of Penzance

Trading Places

Muppets Take Manhattan

Police Academy I, II

Splash

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Flight of the Navigator

Back to the Beach

Baby Boom

Big Business

Scrooged

Father of the Bride (Steve Martin remake. Yes, it’s a remake.)

Sneakers

Groundhog Day

Restoration ('90s Robert Downey Jr. movie)

Ghostbusters I, II, III (Yes, III. :))

EDIT: I’m going to add that Village People movie, Can’t Stop the Music. It’s not Blues Brothers, but it’s good old campy fun. ;D

Just throwing a few out, not including Ghostbusters because that should be obvious:

Empire Strikes Back

John Carpenter’s: The Thing

Hellboy 1 & 2

Big Trouble in Little China

Predator

Aliens and Alien (in that order)

Planes Trains & Automobiles

Among the many movies I like, these twelve (no particular order)

Ghostbusters (1984)

Empire Strikes Back

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Blazing Saddles

The Godfather II

The Princess Bride

The Social Network

Kelly’s Heroes

The Matrix

Silver Bullet (1985)

Titanic

Jurassic Park (Original)

GHOSTBUSTERS

GHOSTBUSTERS II

GHOSTBUSTERS (2016)

Ghostbusters (orginal)

Schindler’s List

Star wars episode V empire strikes back

The dark knight

Citizen Kane

Godfather parts 1 +2

Muppets Christmas carol

Lion king

Back to the future trilogy

Avengers Assemble

Jaws

Batman vs Superman

Jurassic park

Ghostbusters answer the call

Die hard

ET

My list may be weird lol

I’ll be omitting all three GhostbustersMovies since this is a forum on a GB Fan sight, lol. But here are my favorite movies in no particular order:

ALIEN Saga

Star Trek films

Collateral

Running Scared

Top Gun

Last Samurai

Resident Evil (1 and 2)

GB 1

Nightmare on elm street

In no particular order…

  1. Seven Samurai

  2. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

  3. Citizen Kane

  4. Ghostbusters

  5. 2001: A Space Odyssey

  6. Yojimbo

  7. Batman (1989)

  8. Back to the Future Part III

  9. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

  10. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Great lists everybody! I figured since this thread is here, we might as well discuss the films as well as list them.

I saw Jaws recently for the first time, I was surprised at how well it held up (I don’t know why, I knew it was a great film)! The way the ending sequence was filmed really impressed me. A couple weeks after watching Jaws I saw In the Heart of the Sea, which is really good Ron Howard movie based on one of the stories that inspired Moby Dick (highly recommend if you haven’t seen it yet). It was very well made, but while watching the whaling scenes I couldn’t help but think back to Jaws. In Jaws the camera lens was clear almost the whole time, no water got on it or anything, and the pacing was good. In the Heart of the Sea had several shots where there was blurred water on the lens (that I think was added in post), which was kind of distracting if you ask me.

It was fun to see the Cloud Tank effects in Raiders, the effects really reminded me of Ghostbusters. The visual effects supervisor’s style has a much larger impact than I think is often realized.

Sound of Music has to be one of the most beautifully shot movies of all time. Julie Andrews has a great singing voice. I like Mary Poppins a lot.

The invisible bridge in Last Crusade was so cool.

The Princess Bride is one of my favorite films, I’m actually surprised it’s not on my list. When I was much younger the fire swamp terrified me, for years I was afraid of sinking sand.

Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters 2

Ghostbusters 3

Major league

■■■■■ Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Matilda

Lean on Me

Angels in the Outfield

The Outsiders

Major League 2

Smurfs

Those are my favorite Films so far and I have more too. :whatever: :blush: