Favorite Ghostbuster then and now

For the longtime fans, did your favorite Ghostbuster change as you got older? It’s always been Venkman for me, but my favorite Ninja Turtle changed from Michaelangelo to Leonardo as I got older, which got me thinking maybe the same held true for some people with Ghostbusters.

You can see it on my signature. =P

He was,and he is. xD

I understand the poor Slimer. X3

when i was younger it was Venkman, but now i’m inclined to say Stantz

Dr. Spengler always tickled my fancy for some reason since childhood. Funny, because as children we don’t see him as a dude with a lanky frame, glasses, and a stereotypically jewish ancestry. I even wanted what I would call, “Egon hair” where I’d try to twirl the front of my bangs with a comb and a dab of gel, to look like RGB spengler… but ended up looking like a 50’s greaser instead. In 1988 I even voted for Dukakis in my kindergarten presidential election because I thought he looked the most like Egon of all the candidates. LOL

My favourite has always been Dr. Peter Venkman… his sarcastic nature did affect the development of my own personality.

It’s funny you say that because I have a very Venkman like personality with my dry sarcastic wit and shamelessly flirtatious nature. I think it’s more of a coincidence for me though.

When I first saw the movie, Venkman, easy.

But JMS and Maurice LaMarche in the cartoon did such a great job with Egon he took over, and remains my favorite of the four to this day.

It was always Venkmen until I started building my pack. Then it became Ray.

With all the technical stuff, I could see how Ray was always excited about new equipment.

When I was a kid growing up watching RGB, my favorite was Egon. I was the tall, smart kid, so I identified with his character more. Plus my best friend’s favorite was Peter, so it worked out better that way when we played with the toys. Then as I got older, Peter became my favorite. I’d probably have to say now, though, that I don’t have one favorite. After watching the movies so many times, I appreciate each of the four and wouldn’t want to pick one over the others.

All my life Dr. Ray Stantz has been and will always been my favorite ghostbuster. His actions are similar to a child’s actions and i see a little of myself in him. He was the best character on RGB in my own opinion so thats why i loved him as a kid.

I have always loved Egon. I always tend to be attracted to the geeky smart side character of a group, not the “leader”. I also love the “big kid-ness” of Ray, but Egon is still my favourite.

I’ve always liked Dr. Spengler the best. My daughter is in love with Venkman tho :wink:

Egon then, Egon now, Egon forever!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Since I was a tiny tiny girl it was Venkman.

Saw the cartoon before the movies since I was born in 1983.

This year my GB got ganked and my best friend was Venkman and I had to be Stantz (I got to wear the goggles LOL)

As I walked around and as we talked…we decided that yes…she was definetly Venkman.

So Ray Stantz for me.

Infact my Halloween costume character name was Rae Anne Stantz, Ray’s niece LOL

Always has and always will be…Ray Stantz

Egon, Ray, Egon. In that order, from childhood, teenage, and adulthood.

I found Venkmans personality and dry wit humor to be something intresting since day one, which I still do but I found myself more of a Stantz fan and had more in comon with his charactor. So Ray for me since I was little :slight_smile:

Hi-five!

Sara :slight_smile:

Hi-five received and one back at ya!

When I was a kid, my favorite was Venkman, just like most folks. Though, I always loved and still do the others, Venkman still remains my favorite because he was the comic relief. So, for me it hasn’t really changed. Though, now I have more solid reasons for picking Venkman, whereas when I was a kid, that was just who everybody liked. You couldn’t help it.