I always knew the spoken dialogue for the Fire Chief who has seen every form of internal combustion known to man was cut from GB2. I didn’t notice until today that you can see him in a few shots outside the museum as the GBs line up to fire at the museum. He’s easily spotted on the left frame in the wide shot of the four GBs march (right after “yes, I think I can learn”).
It’s probably something I knew and is common knowledge and just forgot about but still wanted to share all the same. I encourage everyone to watch some of those crowd shots in slo-mo. The looks some people give when they see the ghostbusters jogging down Fifth Ave are priceless.
Good eye. He actually originally had some dialogue too before most of his scene was cut. Originally he tells Ray and Peter about the Titanic and sets up Venkman to deliver the “better late than never” line.
Gotta say, one of the best things about GB2 was the casting continuity. Few movies are able to bring back so many people from the first go-round. To me it just made the world of the movie feel a bit more cohesive.
Yes, that’s John Ring who played the Fire Commissioner “John” in the 1st movie. He’s in the GB2 deleted scenes a lot from what I recall. devilmanozzy told me about it some years ago. I guess we’ll never know why John got bumped down to Fire Captain in the 5 year gap. lol. (Also it’s “Fire Captain” in the Feb 1989 draft of GB2)
I noticed him in a GB2 deleted scene i only saw recently for the first time. Its great they managed to get so many members of the first film’s cast back.