Gareee's Dual Proton Pack wall mount

Ok, here are pics of the wall mount I mentioned in my build thread here: Gareee's Budget Packs: Halloween alternative build ideas - Proton Packs - GBFans.com

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.. my digital camera is in the trunk of my wife’s car.

The new hooks are from walmart, and were like 3 for $2.97. (I only used 3 hook per pack, but people with heavier packs might want to use all 3.)

What it looks like from a distance. Since I have two packs side by side, I mounted a 2x4 painted white so I could use 2 wall studs for support.

Here you can see the 2 3" wood screws in the 2x4, as well as what the hooks look like up. they have a slight up angle to them, but more importantly a crooked finger so the packs won;t come off if bumped.

The side view.. you can see the packs lay perfectly parallel to the wall.

A close up, so you can see the alice frame on the hook.. I still need to zip tie out foam pads on the alice frames.

The package front and back from walmart, along with the sku number, so they can locate it in thier systems. They were located in sporting goods, NOT the hunting section!

I left space above the packs for a shelf, which it tall enough to accomodate the RGB firehouse, the oversized game box, our goggles n business cards, the 12" figures being released, and other goodies we collect along the way.

And one pic with my real digital camera now.. LOL!

werrry nice

i have been looking for this insperation.

i will do mine now

ty

For packs or a wall mount for them?

The only real hard part of the wall mount was finding something that was strong enough to hold the packs up, but also something that they wouldn’t fall off of either.

We DO like having them up on the wall, instead of sitting in a corner somewhere.

I was planning on doing this myself once I finish my pack… cool.

The only real concern, is how heavy is your gear. Ours are about 11-12 pounds each, so we have about 24 pounds hanging on the wall. Some people’s single packs weight that much, and you have to make sure you have your hooks firmly mounted in the wall studs to support weight like this.

The last thing you want to hear when yer hitting the sack, is your gear hitting the floor after tearing screws out of the wall!

I love the wall mount… very creative.

Im still digging the whole guitar stand look, and im gonna keep mine on that.. im afraid if god forbid a hook failed on me it would come crashing down.. plus i wouldent want to hang my prop in a high traffic area where people freely walk by all day

I would love to do that but my pack is roughly about 40lbs.

I have a modified guitar stand for mine. If mine fell off the wall I would probably jump off the bridge.

Thge hooks are rated 25 pounds, so two could accomodate a heavier pack, and a 3rd hook could also be added as well.

I either had to store them in a closet somewhere, or get them up off the floor and out of the way.

im in the same boat with mine in a closet. cane somebody with the guitar stand post a pic of their setup?

Another good hook idea would be to use guitar wall mounts. They already have a dual hook to them and are designed to hold lots of weight.

I never knew your packs were so thin front - to - back.

i was thinking the same thing yesterday and got to looking at mine and wondered if I’d messed something up. it’s too easy for paranoia to set in..

That wall mount is a great idea!!!

Perhaps people with heavier packs could use bicycle hooks? Although, they are considerably bigger.

There are a few problems with those, unless you are hainging it from the ceiling.

The “hook” is too large, and you’d need to hold the pack level with the ground to hook it on, or remove it.

More importantly though, the hook is too far away from it’s connection point… that means the pack on it will be trying to pull the hook down since its hooked on the end of it.

One thing I considered, was putting these into something at a 45 degree up angle.. that might solve both problems, but the gun hooks we ended up choosing are just perfect.

I checked, and the cosmetic plating is 1/4" too thick, but the sync generator is about 1/2" too thin, but everything else is pretty close, according to plans here. Our bumpers are actually about 1/4" too deep.

My mental impression of the packs is that they were much larger then they look in real life as well.

Here’s mine

I see you added a crookneck flashlight… we’ve been going back n forth, trying to decide if a d cell sized one of a c cell sized one would be better.. your thoughts?

I wasn’t aware you could get C cell ones. Maybe they would be smaller? I don’t know.

Yeah, they are smaller, but with the same functionality.

The full sized ones IMHO a a bit too large.

I like it!!!