What uk car do thing would make a good ecto? i was thinking old ford cortina lol
How about a Double Decker bus?
It would be flippin sweet, lab uptop, containment unit down low.
Plenty of advertising space as well!!
yer big red london bus sounds sweet
If I had to use a UK car, I’d make it a 1978 MG B. Not much in the way of storage space or reliability, but it would look great and would be fun to drive around town. Sort of like the Ecto Volkswagen Beetle somebody posted on here.
dude, a bus would be sweet. it would be like a gb’s version of a firetruck. everything and anything you need, spare packs, lab stuff, a whole arsonal of equipment, all on one mobile unit. ooooh that would be sweet
What about an old Saab? Can’t remember the exact model, 96 i think, but they’re kind Ecto shaped. If you squint. With lemon juice and onions in your eye.
Austen Marten DB5 with machine guns, and flame throwers!! :twisted:
I don’t think a bus would do it - too slow and not cool enough. I’m no car expert but think it would be cool to convert a London Black Cab into one ![]()
What about a Split screen old VW campavan, it got style, plenty of room inside, and prob look good in white with gb sickers on the side and blue beacons lol
Well, it’s more of a visualisation then an actual, physical Brit Ecto…
But GBUK uses a renault ambulance…*
- Undergoing revisualisation for 2006.
Of course, something more inconically British can be used…
Double Deckers - Yep, British… but maybe a little bit too big. On the plus side, one could be picked up on the ‘cheap’ if it’s old rolling stock from Central London.
Mini Cooper - Way too small and crampt, probably better suited as a support vehicle then a main Ectomobile.
London Taxi - More room, but like the Mini, probably more suited as a support vehicle.
The choice is up to you, but I’d recommend something definitively British.
Hah… early on in the GBUK fics, we did have an old Fire Engine as our vehicle… :lol:
landrover defender typical british goes anywhere and can carry anything
within reason lol
When I suggested using an MG, I was thinking about something that could be decked out in Ghostbusters regalia in real life. If there was a Ghostbusters UK movie, then I think this beauty would fit the part nicely:
Although the more I think about it, a Land Rover sounds pretty good too, both in real life and in an imagined movie.
After seeing that ambulance^^^I’m torn between my Double Decker and that little guy.
I say a fire truck with the hose replaced with a huge patical thrower and the water tank converted to a containment unit. The DD bus sounds awsome too. :lol:
Well, after seeing a few vehicles… a Landrover is looking pretty sweet as an Ecto ‘UK’.
Those are admittedly Discoveries…
This is the Defender:
The Land Rover’s got the makings of an Ectomobile. ![]()
http://212.100.254.239/vbb/showthread.php?t=17389
Here guys have a look at this they think that a couple of ecto were brought over to the uk promote the movie is this true also they think that theres an ecto at the haynes motor museum Yeovil any one know if that true as well
I reckon a Vauxhall Zafira. But my ma won’t let me do it to the family car…
If 2 of these did come over I wonder what happended to them?
As for the Haynes one I asked them a while back to send me pictures as I’m not convinved it’s the real deal but I hope I’m wrong. As soon as I get anything I’ll share ![]()
cliff i going sat any way so i post pic then but like you said i dont really think its the real deal either. but i wonder if they did send a couple of ecto over here i wonder where they could have gone?
Cool Venkmanuk - would love to see any piccies you take.
Any Sherlock Holmes amongst us who could help track down either of these two babies?