GBFans PowerCell Mounting Bracket (Opinions?)(Alternate Mount Method)

So, me and my friend Ralph were working on building a Proton Pack for him. The things I never really enjoyed is mounting the GBFans PowerCell lights to the motherboard. The movie packs kinda uses that U bracket. I originally used some 4 inch long bolts and mounted mines. See below:

So he didn’t really wanted to mount it that way and wanted to do something where the PowerCell lights were mounted to the Shell itself. Well Ralph has experience in CAD and I have a 3D Printer, so he drew up something in CAD and I printed it up. Well this is what he came up with and I wanted to share it and see what you guys thought about it.

This is the bracket he developed below:

He designed it to fit a GBfans PowerCell Circuit Board and GBfans Blue PowerCell Lens.

He dremeled out the backside of the PowerCell window of his shell:

Then he dropped his Blue PowerCell Lens in, hot glued around it. Dropped in the bracket and hot glued around the area around where the lens connected to the bracket. Actually he might have glued the lens to the bracket first. But you can see that once you have everything in place you can also glue all around the outside of the bracket (between the bracket and the shell) to make sure you get a good connection. That way it won’t go anywhere.

So I think this all worked out well. It is not the same way it was done in the movie but it gets the job done. Opinions?

If I’m thinking this right and the GBFans board is then screwed into the bracket then I think it’s a winner. Definitely a decent alternative to creating and riveting a U Bracket. Well done man!!

Thanks! Yeah I forgot to take a pic of the circuit board screwed into the bracket. :slight_smile:

Hahaha thought so!! Good job on this. Surprised it hasn’t been given more love on here

I’d be interested in purchasing 2 if u decide to sell any

Thanks Mike, that was another thing I wanted to do on this thread. Get opinions for improvement and if there was a positive review put these up for sell in the “For Sell” section.

Any update with these? Still interested