GBII Stunt-Style Gizmo Build

Decided to fill out my uniform a bit with a gizmo build. I was able to pick up a LifeGardII on ebay and it cleaned up pretty well with a magic eraser. However I did want something a bit more animated in case I take my pack off. The GBII style stunt gizmo seemed fast, cheap, and easy so I went this way. But I wanted to add a bit more flair.

I started with black 6mm foam from a craft/hobby store. Using Demon Vice Commander’s v2.0 template, I double upped the top part, traced lines with white and gold sharpie paint pens, and then cut out chips and other pieces from 2mm foam sheets. All held together with super glue.

Next I wanted to put a bunch of magic eye tubes and animate it but I could not find any small enough to fit the belt. Instead I ended up using a strip of neopixel LEDs controlled by an arduino nano I had laying around. I couldnt find any small acrylic tubes to redirect the light so I ended up using clear hot glue sticks cut to length for the bulbs (which made it much easier to cut). Afterwards I put it in a cheap black measuring tape holster and I was done!

Turned into a quick and easy build. Full images and more videos are in my Sway along with my proton pack build here: https://sway.com/T8VNqgdMtSaoMvuF

The lights cycle many patterns including the one above, a fake VU meter (since there is no microphone), and a pulsing rainbow.