Ghostbusters Back in Theaters Starting Tonight

not that many in the theatre to see the movie last night…they didnt even put it up on the marquee…

Only 3 people in the theater last night.

We had a pretty small turnout last night; hopefully more people come to the next two showings.

I’m hoping the word will spread, so when I go see it on the 27th, there will be a good crowd. Plus it’s closer to Halloween.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ghostbusters Fans

Sold out a 300 seat theater in Pittsburgh .

What can I say, we got the fandom.

My 4 year old son and I were the lone Busters at AMC 20 in San Diego. It was us and about 12 other people.

On the plus side the theatre Mgr gave us free passes to the next 2 screenings.

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

The showing in Davenport, IA was pretty good. A few of us showed up in costume, had lots of pictures taken. Costuming isn’t really big in these parts, but people seemed pretty pleased to see us. Got to meet a few Ghostheads, one of whom drove his DeLorean to the theater, which was really awesome to see. The turn out was pretty good considering, probably 3/4 of the theater was full.

Nice! We couldn’t even get a pass to the front of the snack bar.

I think I counted about 10 at my theater regal 18 at Celo vista.

Gonna go to the remaining showings.

:walterpeck: Oh my gosh! Nice moves Sony! Don’t get me wrong…I’m so happy for the re-release but I feel like next to nobody knows that it is happening! First of all, random Thursday night showings. That middle of the week thing is so hard for so many people. Secondly. what’s with this extremely crappy lack of all advertising for this event? Not even on the marquee in some places that are showing it? REALLY??? I don’t get it. :whatever:

Is there any way we can find out how much money it made on Thursday? I tried to look online but could not find it listed anywhere… It would just be neat to be able to track what attendance actually was…

Saw it on thursday. So awesome.

Sad to se so many people reporting empty theaters. I can’t stand my town most of the time, but I was happy to see an almost full theater the other night. I can only imagine as it gets closer to Halloween.

I would guess around $1 million dollars.

The theater I went to had between 50-75 people there.

Your guess is as good as mine… just thought it would be cool to be able to see and track the numbers this month to try and gauge what the interest was out there…

Maybe they can give that money to Billy Murray to bribe him to read the GB3 script faster… :wink:

Definitely going to take the kids to see it on the 27th!

Can’t wait.

If we estimate 30 people per showing at $10 a ticket with 500 showings, you get $150,000.

We’ve only our anecdotal comments here to estimate attendance numbers, but I seriously doubt it reached 30 people per screening. At any rate, it’s not likely they’ll pull in a million for the whole run unless Halloween proves to be a big draw for the film.

my theater was about half full with a lot of little kids. good to see parents bringing their kids to see this classic film. im going again tonight so we will see if it gets better or worse. maybe the word spread more this week.

My 7 year onld and I went to see it tonight. I was realyl cool to see it on the big screen. Id say there were 50+ people there and everyone was really engaged and laughing and having a good time. I am glad i decided to go!