Ghostbusters Ecto-1A Lego decals

Hey

I’ve recently been building a similar version of the Brent Waller Ecto-1A with influences from Michael Scott’s version and just with a few of my own ideas.

Anyway I decided to have a go at making some decals, as i’m not happy leaving it plain and with GB1 logos.

Here’s just a quick pic of the decals i’m using. Each decal has been scaled to Lego piece sizes.

I was able to print the decals onto the decal paper. The only issue was that the digital display signs printed out in blue rather than florescent green. Any ideas why this would happen? Would the printer not be able to mix the inks to make that colour?

After printing them out I gave them a coat of Microscale Decal Film and let them dry. Later I made an attempt at putting the Ecto-1A License plate on to a 1x2 tile but when I took it off the backing paper it just wrinkled up. I’m thinking did I have the water too warm, decal paper quality or do the decals need to be coated in clear coat?.. Any help would be great. I was thinking about even getting them made into a sticker set somewhere so they are more like lego stickers.

Had a go at putting some of the decals on so this is how it looks so far. Came to certain point because I realised I had to print the others onto white decal paper.

image

image

image

image

image

image

Shouldn’t be a problem. Looks like you’re printer’s yellow ink feed is either clogged or out of ink.

It would seem that may have been the problem. I cleaned the print heads and did a head realignment. It worked so now I have the decal display in green…perfect.

Hey, would you be willing to share the “advertising board” decals? I would like to print those for my MOC. Thank you!