Insider Daniel Richtman is reporting that Sony is developing a live action movie titled “Ghostbusters: Nightmare on 34th Street” and Josh Miller is writing it.
That title is pulling my mind in several directions. A Christmas movie perhaps? If Richtman is correct, I’m happy to see some movement on the live action side!
How trustworthy is this guy?
Well that came out of nowhere! The title screams Christmas, but more than that, tv/streaming Christmas special. Here’s hoping it’s real…if for no other reason than it’s an excuse to break out the red parkas and Santa hats lol
Intriguing, most intriguing! ![]()
Daniel’s public posts are highly accurate compared to the current crop of insiders. His accuracy and rep online gets muddled because grifters sub to him just to repost unverified rumors only accessible on his private channel to get their own clout for themselves and when the rumor gets debunked/turns out to be false it blows back on him.
I’m hopeful.
Good to know. Thank you.
I’ve never heard of him so wasn’t sure.
Saw this two months ago in the US Copyright Office but never paid any attention because it sounded more like some kind of 10 minute animated xmas short, I was surprised it’s a full film.
Yeah, if it wasn’t mentioned it was live action - I would have speculated it was that Netflix animated movie.
I’m cautiously optimistic. Nothing came of that Windy City treatment yet.
But funny to think what kind of public backlash the Ghostbusters could get for blasting and trapping a ghost that looks like Santa Claus or even Sinterklaas. Heh.
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. We can’t possibly have two ice/snow themed movies In a row, but clearly the working title is referring to Christmas/Santa. I agree that in this little context it sounds more like a streaming/tv special more than a full movie.
And I now 100 percent believe this thing is real and being actively worked on…weird that the alternate title is Mini-Pufts though, maybe they’re the ones who have to bust the ghosts now.
Time to dust off my Production Weekly subscription ![]()
So this is unrelated to the Kenan’s Windy City treatment? I tried to look for Wormworks and Queensbury Corp companies but nothing came up.
Nothing the alternate title “Ghostbusters: Mini Puft”. I hope for a little departure from the Frozen Empire scheme. Less characters, more story and ghostbusting. Send Lucky, Trevor, Podcast, Callie on a mission far away and keep Phoebe, Trevor, Ray and maybe a couple of new recruits (Oscar?). Keep the originals as chiefs Ghostbusters and give them more screen time.
Hm. If it’s about Mini-Pufts, I agree it could definitely be something other than a feature.
The FE end tag was basically saying NYC will be fully infested but instead of rats, Mini-Pufts, maybe even other cities. You got the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Herald Square touching 34th Street. With the Mini-Pufts in every inch of NYC, who knows what hidden supernatural artifacts, prisons, etc. they could stumble on by accident and release a new big bad to cause chaos.
What’s this Windy City draft? Is there anything known about it besides it exists?
Not a draft, Windy City was a treatment that Gil Kenan submitted to Columbia a while back. There wasn’t anything known about it outside of the copyright submission.
Wait Frozen Empire “bombed” and Sony is not risking doing another one, right, right? ![]()
In all seriousness SUPER excited. I knew another live action movie was planned but thought Night Shift would be the focus for at least a while. I know this is not confirmed yet but still happy to get some solid info. I would love for it to take place during Christmas. It does not necessarily mean another ice themed villain. Imagine something like Krampus. That’d be really cool.
Sonic’s writer?! Mini Pufts?!..is this being made specifically for me? Haha ![]()
Well, I’m glad they’re moving forward with another but the creative team doesn’t fill me with promise and the title would be a fun for an episode of a series but for a GB movie… I’m not thrilled with it. Also, tripling down on Mini Pufts… happy to be proved wrong.
At this stage, much more excited by the writing talent on Night Shift.


