So I’m done getting my parts ready and doing the last paint coat in the morning. I can put it together in the evening. My question is that the light kit (exo’s) is a pretty tight fit overall into the gunbox. do you mount it on to something or just let it loose in the box? Tips and ideas welcome. ![]()
My exoray lights were just wires everywhere. it was insane. I just left them all loose inside cuz there was no room for anything. The bottom plate on my gun held everything in place
yes that seems pretty much like the only option I have since I have no room left whatsoever in there when I put it in. I’m just scared something might damage it but there’s just no space to attach it to anything.
did u make ur own gun or r u usinng a kit?
I used the gun kit from MMM
Exorays light kit is a bit of a tight fit due to all the bells and whistles he puts into it, the Proptronix and Jupiter kits fit much easier as they are a bit less involved. I have put the Exoray kit in the MMM gunbox, it just requires a bit of dremel work but it does fit.
I REALLY want to see a pic of the kit fitting inside MMM’s gun.
Proptronix’s lights need to have part of the gun track ground away to make room for the board. depending on what you have for tools, it may be no easier.
I just put a Proptronix kit into one of my gunboxes for a customer, I didn’t have to do anything to the board. I also have a full Proptronix kit in my own gun and it was a piece of cake to put in, no mods to the board needed, just some minor dremel work to put in the switches and bargraph.
So I dremmeled out the box a little and it fits nicely now. still little bit of a tight fit but no problem.
Good to hear, Exorays kit is amazing but there is a lot of wires to fit in there
So here’s a different question, one I will also pose on R2DEVO’s thread on the For Sale subforum: where do the white lights go for the thrower?
I know where the bank of 4 for the firing effect goes, as well as the red/orange one near the wand tip… I can see where the other white ones should go, it’s more a question of where they are expected to go.
If they are on all the time 1 in each white hat light and then 2 for vent light I’m guessing. Really it depends on if you want the hat-lights to light up or not. You use them all for vent lights but its really up to you
Not going to argue with you, Just sharing what I had seen and heard other friends having to do to make proptronix’s kit fit in guns.
i had to dremel out a bit a long time ago wen i used an MMM gun with exoray lights.
this last time i used proptronix with my mostly metal gun and had to dremel out a piece of the gun track to make it fit
then i used jupiter electroniics in 1 gun (throwing chicken) n it fit fine
Just finished the gun today. not super excited about my paint job. must have been the paint’s problem though. it just looks a litle dirty and not as if I just painted it. even after using a washcloth. anyway. the electronics fit but there’s completely no room to budge in there. but there doesnt need to be since I dont need to add anything in there anyway.
as for the question about the white lights if it’s the nr 5 & 6 lights then those are for lighting up the gunbox roster.
Not sure about the lights ur speaking of. Im pretty sure all my lights lit up at the time… but its hard to remember. Post some pics up of the gun!