fitting exorays kit???

hi guys ok im getting my exoray pack light kit and delux gun kit very soon

and i was wondering if it was hard to fit?

iv had a bit of a look round but i couldnt find a decent thread on installation

is ther anything i need to take in to cosideration? any doos/donts?

wheres the best place to fit the batteries? what do i hold the circuit boards down with? etc

thanks

Unfortunately I can’t provide any list of dos and don’ts, as mine isn’t installed yet, either… but will be before a convention in May.

However I do have some info as to things that need to be considered.

  1. The LED bargraph that is seen on the back of the gun… with Exoray’s kit, it comes with its own frame… so you’ll have to check to see that if you’re using a resin gun kit… any frame the gun kit may feature is bit enough to fit the bargraph and installed frame… if not, you may have to disconnect the bargraph, and feed it into the gun box from the outside. if you’re building your own kit, it’s worth not including your own frame, and just cutting a hole large enough for the LED bargraph to fit snugly, keeping the lighting kit’s bargraph frame on the outside of the gun box (sorry about this probably not making sense).

  2. The heatsinks of the two switches in the side Trigger Box will probably need to be heated with a hairdryer to make them and the switch cables fit inside the Trigger Box.

  3. You may have to run the wires for the LED and button on the Gun Ears along the underside of the barrel, if you’re not able to drill a channel for them.

That’s everything off the top of my head.

cheers kingpin

well i have the MMM gun kit and i requestid that it was “cut” to fit exorays kit so im hoping the bargraph etc will just “fit” with minimal adjustments

i did drill a hole throught the trigger box and sloblo box for the switch wires to run through i just hope its wide enough for the 2 switch wires.

you say they will need heated to fit?

what about the leds? do they need glued in to the holes or just placed/pushed in?

and wher would you suggest the best place for the dual rumble motors and how would you fix them down?

i originally was going to just hold it in place with blue tack but that may take away the feeling of the rumble

as for the gun ear light/switch i was just going to run the wires along the side of the gun handel on the out of sight side

i just hope it all fits thats my biggest problem

i will post pics and stuff when im doing it… it may help others out

I should’ve thought of doing that. :slight_smile: The most you should have to do, is unplug the bargraph… I consulted Exoray on that and this is what he said in regards to unplugging it:

From what I recall, unmodified they’re a tad too tall to fit into the Trigger Box, so I’ve seen it recommended that a hairdryer be used to warm up the heatsink of the switches, so they can be bent to fit. I haven’t tried this yet, so exercise caution… and it’s probably worth doing a search to find a more in-depth explanation.

Some of the round LEDs probably won’t need glue, such as the LED in the Rear Instument Bar, which could be taped into position… but the LEDs in the hat lights might need to be glued.

Unfortunately I’m in the same boat as you regarding the rumblers. Blutac probably wouldn’t have held it all that well.

You should have minor tweaking to do, I used Exorays bargraph as a reference when I modded your gunbox for you. As for switches and the like ,again minor tweaking to get wires tucked in etc. Just take your time and follow Exorays instructions for installation, the new gun tubes will make things a bit easier as well.

Please post pics of the process for others to reference if you can. Good luck, look forward to seeing your finished project!

thanks guys yeah i will photograph the process

with a bit of luck the kit will be here next week

iv been wondering for a while about the best position/location to fit the batteries

obviously they will need placed on the motherboard but will they need bolted on or will hot glue be ok

baring in mind that 6 D cell batteries is rather heavy…

I don’t think hot glue is near strong enough for the batteries but it works nicely for gluing the LEDs in place.

I believe the preference these days is to run the Proton Gun batteries from the Pack. It’s what I’m going to be doing.