Gun/wand help..

New here, and trying to make a fantastic costume for a fun Halloween, that’s it. My pack is done, but I’m stuck on the wand. I bought a wooden gun box from someone off ebay, and I’m not sure what to do with it. If MMM hadn’t been in Canada, I would have gotten their kit, but the shipping times would get it here too late. So, I got this wooden box that is hollow and has one hole cut out for the gun end. But there isn’t a hole cut on the front side for the handle. How does one go about attaching the gun handle (PVC) to the box? I’m worried the handle will fall off in use! So new at all of this and am in awe of all the great stuff on here I’ve seen.

Do I need to find someone to cut a hole for me? Go the foam route? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Julie

Is there any chance you could post a picture of the gun box you received? It would help us understand what you are dealing with.

You have several options to get you going on the right track but we will see what you have going first…

Thanks for replying. I was in such a hurry to get this done, and just had to find a solution since I didn’t see this early enough. I tried using epoxy but then I ended up using some screws to secure it. Not the best option, I’m sure. It’s not accurate at all, but I just had a few days to make this, and was in a hurry. Needed it done by tonight, and it’s good enough for a simple Halloween party. I love it anyway.

image

image