I write this post with really no goal, hell I don’t write many post at all. I write this because to this day it still hasn’t really hit me that Harold Ramis is gone. Sure I get sad about it, but it doesn’t seem real. You know what I mean? It’s been what two years? I’ve never been one to really get emotional over a celebrity death, but Egon Spengler was my hero growing up.He was supposed to be invisible. I know he was only human and that Ghostbusters was “only a movie”, but to me and everyone here it was much much more. I’m sure most of you feel the same way, but I really just wanted to get this off of my chest.
I was in complete shock when He died, not only had I lost a childhood hero but all hopes for GB 3 died as well. But his death was bigger to me than any possible movie. And then the following year I was hit again when Leonard Nimoy died, so in the span of two years I lost both of my childhood heroes.
I’m in the same boat. I know he’s gone but it doesn’t feel 100% real. He and Bob Hoskins both played two of my favorite characters when I was young and having them both pass away so close to one another hit me really hard.
I agree. The day he passed away and I heard about it I was almost in tears as a grown man and I also felt a little of my childhood die inside. Between him and Paul Walker dying. they were both very sad days for me.
I also felt that Ghostbusters future had died after that. Im glad honestly that there is another Ghostbusters and that Harolds family is doing cameos in it. I know there are many whom will not approve of this new film, but im glad that Harolds original idea lives on and that his family gets to still be a part of it.