Harold Ramis (1944 - 2014)

*(CNN) – Harold Ramis, the actor, writer and director whose films include “Stripes,” “Ghostbusters,” “Groundhog Day” and “Analyze This,” has died. He was 69.

His death was caused by complications related to autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a condition Ramis battled for four years, according to United Talent Agency, which represented Ramis for many years.

Ramis died Monday morning in his Chicago-area home, the agency said.*

News Coverage:

-CNN: Harold Ramis of ‘Ghostbusters,’ ‘Groundhog Day’ fame dies

-Chicago Tribune: Harold Ramis, Chicago actor, writer and director, dead at 69

-Huffington Post: Harold Ramis Dead: Comedy Legend Dies At 69

-USA Today: ‘Ghostbusters’ writer/actor Harold Ramis dies at 69

-TMZ: Harold Ramis Dead at 69

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

Sorry for just a link. I have no words for the sadness this brings.

This is so sucky guys.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story?page=1&utm_content=buffer80b28&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=buffer&utm_source=twitter.com

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

I have no words.

This is, at least as far as I can remember, the most significant piece of my childhood to pass way.

This is truly very sad. I’m at a loss for words. It almost feels like a family member has passed on.

Thanks for everything Harold. Rest in peace.

Hey, guys, this is obviously big news but we don’t need three topics about it. They’re gonna be merged and any other topics started after this are gonna be locked.

1 Like

I have words - this stinks!

Yeah, sorry about that, I think we were all posting at virtually the same time. I didn’t see anything before I went to write it.

I woke up to this news. I didn’t want to believe it at first, since the Chicago Tribune was the only source, but it started sinking in that Ramis really might be gone.

How unbelievable. I’m just at a loss for words. I had no idea he had health problems for a number of years.

What a wonderful body of work Ramis had. It’s just too damned sad.

This is crazy…man my day is ruined.

I think we all knew that one day our childhood heroes would pass on. Now that one of them has…it’s incredibly sobering.

Rest in Peace, Harold. Thank you for having such a huge impact on my life.

Just too gutted for words :frowning:

RIP X

Ramis, 69, passed away due to a four year battle with auto-immune inflammatory vasculitis today. Surrounded by his friends and loved ones at his home in Chicago.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/harold-ramis-dead-at-69-1201118556/

Words cannot express how sad this makes me right now. A piece of my youth has gone into the ether.

RIP Harold “Egon” Ramis.

Today marks the loss of the great Harold Ramis he will be sorely missed by not just Ghostbusters fans around the world but by fans of all his work I and the whole GB Community send our condolences to his family but they can look back on his legacy of work knowing he has made so many people laugh and cry at so many of his movies that is something that his family and close friends can be proud of.

Rest In Peace Harold Ramis you will never be forgotten.

very sad, RIP

Oh man, talk about a day ruiner. And just after I joined this community as well.

There’s nothing I can say that we aren’t all already thinking, so I won’t waste words on cliches. But I think the best way we can pay tribute to him is by continuing to remember his work, and keep the films alive through our geekdom.

That, and collecting spores, mold and fungus.

RIP Egon. :cry:

This is making the GB video game seem more and more like our best shot at a third movie. RIP, Harold. You did good.

Truly a sad sad day. We’ve lost a great one.

Damn. Very sad news. Rip mr Ramis. Thanks for all the good childhood memories.