I’m Jess, big Ghostbusters fan who has finally decided to take the plunge and start my own costume! Hoping to eventually join the UK Ghostbusters, if I can sucessfully build a proton pack haha.
I work as a tattooist and body piercer and in my spare time I like to play PC games. I try to attend as many conventions as I can and am looking forward to attending the London Film and Comic Convention in July.
Looking forward to meeting everyone on the forum and getting started on my own costume!
Thanks guys! Yeah thanks Kingpin I signed up there too
Never done anything like this before so this is completely new to me! Anyone got any tips for starting off the costume? Or does it just depend on how you want to approach it?
The flight suit would be a good start for the costume. And I think you can get fairly decent looking logo patches in the UK from destinyone. Not 100% screen accurate, but still good quality. If you want more accurate, this site here has a shop that sells them!
Pretty much like that, for all the equipment. Depends on how much are you willing to spend on it, how good your building skills are, how much time you have to build and what materials you want to use. The cheaper you build, the more creativity you’ve to put into finding substitutes for real parts.