Hola...........

Hi there. I’m a long-time fan of the movies and I came here because I’m having preliminary discussions with a friend about doing a Ghostbusters cosplay for at least one con somewhere here in California next year. I understand that putting together a decent costume is significant work (a little bit more work than driving to the thrift store like I did for the tweed jacket I’m using in my Eleventh Doctor cosplay at WonderCon) but I’d like to figure out what needs to be done and what economical solutions there are. I don’t know if I can necessarily spend close to $1,000 like some posts I’ve seen have suggested.

Anyway, I’m glad to be here and I look forward to many fruitful discussions with you guys.

There are ways. It depends on your building skills. You can make a pack from scratch if you have the skills and save a bunch.

Search the build threads. It’s all there for you.

I’m basically a newbie who’s hoping that the fact that he works at a big box hardware store will give him some kind of leg up in at least part of the construction.

We were all newbies at one point… I still consider myself a newbie, and I’ve been on the boards for almost a year now…

The best thing you can do is research and spend some time in the forums. That truly is the wisest investment. There is nearly every topic under the sun that’s been covered. I’ve yet to make a single large purchase but I’ve spent some dollars. Some wisely and some foolishly. Some worked out and some fell short. As mentioned above, your ability dictates the free flow of cash from your wallet. The best thing about this is the multitude of veterans to building within this site. Read, study and plan!

Oh…and post pics of your build!