A bit more confirmation then i have seen elsewhere. Hope it hasn’t been posted already as i am connecting via my phone and can’t search forums at the moment
That was written in August.
“Dan Aykroyd Promises”
how’s that saying go about a steaming pile in one hand, and nothing in the other?
when there’s gb3 news NOT directly related to him in any way, THAT is when it’s ok to believe it.
Damn it is amazing how jaded people here are. Right as you may be i would rather be a gb fan than a gb authority. This should be a forum to post info like this whether it happens or not being excited is what fans do. Keep the faith man,life is more fun that way.
You can scream that until you’re blue in the face, but for some reason or another, I’ve noticed there are a number of people who frequent this forum who are just unnecessarily mean to some who are open to the idea of a third film. I chalk it up to the continued anonymity of the internet and people who like being mean as long as they hide behind a username. (Although on the fip-side, it could also be people who really want the movie and are just jaded over how long it’s taken)
Now that I got that off my chest.
I used to hate the idea of a third movie because I was never a fan of a new group, but then I started to warm to the idea because I simply would be interested in seeing where the characters are in their lives (I’d be just as happy with a cannon novel).
Today I’m indifferent. It could go either way, I probably wouldn’t be heart broken if it stays in development hell.
If anything, I feel bad for Dan. I know it’s part ambition to get a paycheck, but he has a true love of the field and for the material. While I’m not going to hate on Murray, I think it’s time he just came out and said he doesn’t want to do it so it can be dead once and for all if that’s absolutely how he feels.
No news may be good news… but not for 10 years <_<
I find it funny that someone signed up to these forums just to post that link.
you find it funny someone signed up just to post that, or you find it funny that it was my first post? apparently i don’t spend enough time hunting down GB3 news to justify myself as an active member of this community. I’ll go back to just reading and letting the rest of you put each other down.
Much appreciated.
sorry pal, i dont hide behind a username when it comes to ghostbusters 3. i run into people all the time that talk about a ghostbusters 3 to me, promptly tell them everyone is pushing 60, and the fact that delusional fans and dan aykroyd are the only ones really pushing the matter.
what i said was true. dont believe anything gb3 related if it comes out of dan aykroyd’s mouth. for 20 years he’s been the only voice saying it’s going to totally happen. 20 years is a long time for something to totally happen.
think about it.
Opinions about GB3’s probability aside, I think the real issue is the OP posted an old article that didn’t add any new information.