INT: Bacharach Sniffer 300 Complete kit. (All runs filled!)

Cody Bates

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

[email protected]

I have a Bacharach 302 Sniffer. I intend to patch any cosmetic damage I can find, modify it so it looks exactly like a 300, strip it down, and mold the two (or more) shell pieces. I will then run casts of the shells, which will be able to be reassembled exactly as the original shell would be. This will be done using a rigid and easily worked liquid plastic, injection molded into a urethane mold. I have considerable experience with liquid plastics and molding. The mold and shells will be of the highest quality, with no bubbles or warping and imperfections.

I will also scan, and vector the labels, and print them out on high quality sticker paper.

The end result will be a strong, carefully duplicated GREY PLASTIC shell, and a label sheet with accurate labels for the 300.

In addition, I have decided to offer an optional upgrade kit for my sniffer kit. The upgrade will include two lengths of hose, one stiff black hose and one softer brown rubber hose, a length of copper tube, and a hand pump. Please note that the pump will be a Sphygmomanometer pump. It will not have an aspirator valve, but I will do what I can to make sure they are able to make the “sniffing” sound when pumped.

My first run will be a small batch, and I will gauge interest from the first run, with the possibility of a larger second run.

The price per kit will be USD$75, with an additional USD$30 for the pump and wand addon.

ATTENTION FIRST RUNNERS! Please let me know by PM if you want the full kit, or just the body kit. Pump and wand kits will not be sold separately.

First run:

1 ) ProtonCharger (Full Kit) [PAID 1/11/11]

2 ) FossilizedArt

3 ) Man_of_Film

4 ) wm6929 (Full Kit)

5 ) Smits

6 ) Gbust84

7 ) Vincenzo330

8 ) Guyver2877

9 ) MRblahface (Full Kit)

10 ) jimbo7

Reserve list:

1 ) zeta otaku

2 ) protokev

3 ) Ecto Vader

4 ) Ectofiend666

5 ) Logan Cade

Second run:

1 ) FunkPunkTwang

2 ) Garvin Ghostbuster

3 ) jessejames51

4 ) Keymaster

5 ) Letmebleed75

6 ) ladysilver

7 ) Amaya

8 ) Ectochromatic Plössl

9 ) Josh Foote

10 ) klooloo

The first run of 10 kits is now full. I will take 5 names as reserves incase any of the 10 people flake when the kit is ready.

The second run is now open. Any names in the first run reserve list will automatically be added to the second run list if they don’t get a spot on the first run. I am aiming to start taking orders from the first run late ~20th of October, with the second run after the first run has been paid and shipped. It will likely be a few weeks until I start taking orders from the second run.

Update: 25/10/11

Here are photos of my original sniffer that I will be casting for this kit. This is to show you the quality that my molds will reproduce. There is no cosmetic damage or anything of the sort to repair, so it’s straight onto deconstruction and molding.

image image image

Interest

Interested

Edit:

You know its a 300, right? A 300 sticker would help, you know, for accuracy.

Still interested

Deffos interested. :slight_smile:

Intrested pending pics.

Interested pending pics as well!

Was it ever categorically proven? The only clear shot we’ve ever gotten of the prop frustratingly has the end of the model number obscurred by Dan Aykroyd’s arm.

The replica offered here is a fantastic solution. The only difference in what is offered here is the sticker.

Edited kit specifications. You will receive one set of labels for your choice of a 300 (screen accurate - only the 300 had the analogue meter. It was soon replaced by LED displays in the 301 and 302), 301 or 302 label set.

i want on the list, and will put the money aside.

interested.. add me to the list

I’m in!

Sabaska would be the guy to ask. AFAIK, he has the only 300 around. I think it’s identified because it’s analog.

im in

Interested

im in

put me on that list :slight_smile:

Thanks TJ,

It is definitely a 300 in the movie. I know this because I am now buddies with one of the bigwigs at Bacharach. I tried tracking down other 300’s, but even Bacharach can’t source any after finding the one they sent to me. In addition to being the only one with a true 300 as it seems, I think I’m the only one with the accurate attachments too. I’d be happy to help with any info I can for any of you.

Oh, and just to throw out another fact: some of the labels on the 300 are a little different, and there is an extra knob on the 302 (I have a 300, 301, and 302). The main thing to keep in mind is that most people aren’t going to be able to judge total accuracy, so you all win!

SabaSka, please send me a few images of the 300, I could probably modify my 302 shell to look more like a 300 before I mold it.