This is the design I came up with for my model Dodge Magnum. I plan on turning it into a state of the art Ecto, one in which some of the equipment has been modified and updated as well as being more economical to drive. I plan on customizing the interior as well and putting a proton pack rack in the back. I’m going to design a new proton pack and ghost trap to keep the Ghostbusters current with the times of ever changing technology. Tell me what you think. Questions and comments are welcome.
I think you forgot the link or picture. Can’t wait to see it!
Nope, just had to resize and upload another.
I kinda like the red but Im not a huge fan of the black roof.
I’m working on a similar project. ![]()

I wasn’t too sure about the black either when I started, it just looked too bland without the black though. Plus I kind of like how the rack blends into the roof and how the lights and equipment contrast with it. I really like how your car is looking so far! Keep it up.
Magnum ecto looks great. If I had money to buy a new car, I’d do the same thing as you
Sorry for the bad MS Paint job, the blue dots are the LED lights Id put in it to make it look like a newer car (Not blue though so I don’t get arrested. Probably set them as blinkers too, lol.
Well, here it is! Finally got the Ecto Magnum built. I’m pleased with the result, especially considering it was the first time I’ve scratchbuilt anything for a model car and printed and used my own decals. It still needs the Call JL5-2020 and WE BELIEVE YOU decals, but otherwise this is the final product. As you can see from the pics of the actual car, it does look slightly different than I intended it to in the Photoshop image, but I am pleased with how it turned out. I still plan on building a more modern proton pack and ghost trap for the model as well, but I haven’t got that far yet.
Here’s the rest of the pics…
Very Very f 'n cool man. I love it.
Now that is a Ecto with style! Awesome job!!
i think its great
Excellent modelling skills, RPMs.
Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad you like it.


