Marty McFly Costume

Has anyone ever tried to put together a Marty McFly BTTF1 costume and if so what did you use and where did you find it?

I haven’t done it, but it seems the basics would be:

jeans

nike shoes

suspenders

red t-shirt

black and white checkered shirt, with sleeves slightly rolled up

jean jacket worn unbuttoned, sleeves rolled slightly

an orange vest sort of like the one in the link, worn open

http://www.vintagetrends.com/vintage/itemdetails.asp?YZ=9E9C9E9D8E8992&RN=39&TR=104&SS=&MC=Vintage&CA=Men&SC=Vests&ST=Ski

bonus items would be a skateboard, walkman with headphones, 80’s style mirror sunglasses, 80’s digital watch. delorean. Purple Calvin Klein underwear (yikes).

image

i would think a secondhand store would be a good place to look for the jeans and jean jacket, and as a benefit they may be kind of “out-of-style” which in this case is a good thing.

One prop board was doing a run on his button up shirt. Apparently that’s a very difficult pattern of fabric to get a hold of nowadays.

Really? Any idea what prop board this was? And I always thought it was a red vest, not orange.

Replica Prop Forum…

The vest is red, not orange.

Guess Marciano jacket, theres a guy that makes reproductions for 450$. http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/mcfly-denim-jacket-by-magnoli-clothiers-casual-p-305.html

You’re not going to find the jacket anywhere, you can find jean jackets but not this one.

Shah safari shirt

Guess Jeans

Nike Bruins

uh what’s a vest? i think you guys mean life preserver.

A cheap alternative red down vest would do for me. Where could I find a checkered shirt alternative? And I thought the Nikes Marty wore were Ace 85s.

Those are a nice alternative.

Everyones always told me that they were Bruins, but finding bruins is going to be near impossible now a days.

on a serious note, if you had or could make a hoverboard, it would make an awesome prop and i think it would make you more recognizable an McFly. or a DeLorean, if ya got one! you should get someone else to be Doc, that would be pretty sweet.

I own a pair of white Nike air force ones with the red swoosh. Those are a good modern day alternative for the Ace 85s/Bruins. Im still a little stumped as to the checkered shirt.

I have a hoverboard replica I’d like to get rid of - here’s a pic

image

pic was taken a couple years ago, it has since received some minor nicks and scratches (can be easily fixed with touchup paint) since my 6 year old nephew found it and stood on it while watching BTTF 2

I’d take $25 + s&h – pm me if you’re interested.

PM sent joeghostbuster.

shirt info http://www.bttfblog.com/buy-marty-mcfly-checkerd-shirt/

DO WANT THE HOVERBOARD!!!

if he doesn’t buy it Joe i will snap your hand off

I’d be careful ordering from this page. Some people never got the shirts they paid for.

The hoverboard will be MINE! MINEEE!!!

I saw a vest on display at Old Navy that was pretty similar.

Yeah I’ve seen some red vests in stores this time of year too that just screamed, “Hey McFly!” Came in other colors, only thing is they weren’t as puffy but cheap alternatives to a $450 reproduction ripoff.

The jacket is 450$

A lady came through my work last night wearing a black vest of the same style as Marty’s. She said she picked it up at the Wal Mart just down the street and they have red ones. :slight_smile: