Marty McFly Costume

if they do, buy them and sell them, i’d love a red one for a Marty costume

and now because of you i may have to buy the £130 one i saw on ebay lol, is it bad i want to spend that much?

I will be going by my local Wal Mart today so I will let you know what I find.

I ordered a hoverborad from hoverboard.org.uk. I can’t recommend it enough - it’s amazing. I also have lenticular colour changing cap and a pair of 2015 Nike boots with light up Nike logos from BTTF 2

I just checked out that site, and if its legit I think I might pick one up in the future. the price is the same as the one I have but the quality appears to be much better and screen accurate.

I took the day off of working on my Proton Pack to throw this together for the 25th anniversary screening coming up:

I built the vest from scratch in just a few hours of sewing.

Everything else was a local thrift store find.

I masked the jean jacket and misted with spray paint to get the two-toned look.

I got some white sneakers and added the Nike logo.

Voila!

That looks great man!

where did you get the hat and trainers?

Great costume Nick. But do you sound like this guy? Listen to him, he sounds more like Marty McFly than Michael J Fox did.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-behind-back-to-the/706591

Fun note. The voice of Marty McFly is a member of Ghostbusters Fans.

He’s not only a member, he’s the president.

For a cool 75 grand you could do it right for a BTTF 2 Marty costume.

From BoingBoing.com: "But you can own an actual pair that Michael J. Fox sported in the movie. Memorabilia dealer Profiles In History is auctioning off a pair of the Nike “Mag” self-lacing shoes from the film. Estimated value is $12,000 - $15,000. (For that price, they should throw in a hoverboard!) Also up for bid, Marty’s “resizing” jacket worn in the film: est value of $25,000 - $50,000. Out of your price range? "

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/10/21/auction-back-to-the.html

image

image

And he’s not just the president, he’s also a client.

cant wait for the BTTF game!

The trainers can be obtained from an International Seller on Ebay. Search for back to the Future replica trainers. They were about £130 I think. You have to cut the logos out of some vinyl sheet that comes with them, and you will need to buy some electrically charged vinyl sheets if you want the logos to light up.

The cap was from an Ebay seller also. Search for Back to Future lenticular cap

Although it may be a run of the mill platformer, I wish we had been given this game back in the day. Man, the NES games sucked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fDC_RxDVaU

so, how exactly do you beat that, it looks like marty just flies around and gets hit alot, which only means its a terrible game.

I really want that hoverboard posted from 2010! Damnnnnn.

You might have to settle for one of the replicas from Mattycollector.

I ordered one, but I’m not gonna have it for my Halloween costume :frowning:

It’s not accurate by any means but here’s my marty costume…

Black and white checkered short sleeved, button downed shirt

Dark Red undershirt

Orange vest (Scholars debate the color much like the Khaki/ Grey flight suit debate. although I believe the jacket to be orange but it varies from shot to shot I have a red one as well but this looks better.)

Blue Jeans

Black Suspenders (that aren’t visible but are present)

Eventually I would like to get an accurate denim jacket but for now I’m just working with what I have.

These are what make the outfit (IMO)

Red and White Nike Cortez Nike Bruins are accurate but these are the updated version, the only difference is there is a red stripe on the bottom and there isn’t a red backing. (Just ordered a custom set from the Nike website today in fact that will have those two features fixed and be more screen accurate. The only difference will be the sole of the shoe.)

Finally you have to have a calculator watch that you can get from almost any store (got mine from Walmart for $20

Please excuse the horrible picture quality, my fatness, and ■■■■■■ up thumb…