MMM Resin cast MT-500

I decided to cast up the MT-500 for our group, it always seems hard to find real ones at a decent price these days so here’s a resin cast one. With the weight it feels just like the real radio.

Side by side

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_023.jpg)

[![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_th_024.jpg)](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_?action=view&current=024.jpg)[![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_th_029-1.jpg)](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_?action=view&current=029-1.jpg)[![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_th_028-1.jpg)](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_?action=view&current=028-1.jpg)[![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_th_027-1.jpg)](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/multimediamayhem/Belt accessories_?action=view&current=027-1.jpg)

I plan on making a leather holster to go with it.

That looks awesome Colin!

Bravo.

S-S-S-S-Selll!

I love this dude, hopefully it gets painted black?

This one was a test, I can make the resin darker to get closer to the actual color of the radio, it’s not black but a very dark grey on the actual radio.

Please cast the antenna on a threaded rod for us members with real walkies with wrong antenna. Please!

I will be looking for the correct threaded rod to do this, you don’t know the thread pitch/size do you? I’m also going to try to do the antenna in rubber

Incredible.

DAYUMM i had to realy look for a minute to tell what one was the copy haha great job man!

Are these hollow by any chance? I tore apart an old kid’s walkie talkie and rigged up the internals to an MP3 player I had laying around. It would be sweet if I could put all the guts in one of these bad boys.

This is a great idea! Although you can find a MT-500 for a decent price every now and then, they are somewhat rare.

These will be a excellent alternative for people who don’t want to scour ebay, or pay ridiculous prices on shipping for the notoriously heavy MT-500! :slight_smile:

Great work! :crunch:

No they are solid but could be made hollow (slush casted) only problem is getting a consistant wall thickness.

This is the main reasoning behind it, I got tired of hunting on Ebay for radios that get overbid because everyone is looking for them.

Very nice Colin! I really want to get one of your Lifeguards too!

Excelent work as always! :slight_smile:

These are amazing.. I waited a long time to see this thread come to life and now its here. I would have jumped on the oppurtunity to buy one of these if I did not find myself a MT500 earlier this year..

this is a masterpiece and should sell very well… im still interested in the holster however..

Shees, Colin… I would have jumped on these, but I managed to score some MT’s cheaply a year ago… Yours look awesome indeed!

Can’t wait until these are available Colin.

I will need two of them.

Cheers

Sebastian

These look spot on and probs just what I’m looking for to complete my uniform. Really hope you get to make a hollow one as I’d love to put a hyperdyne sound board inside one.

You should be able to put my sound board in there as well

Damn. You stole my idea :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking of trying to cast one with a hollow body. I can’t remember the term, but instead of slush molding it, you build an offset mold to act as the interior. Basically, you fill the walls with plasticine or something, and make a dummy mold of that cavity. That way, when you cast it with resin, you are getting a controlled wall thickness each time.

As for the antenna, couldn’t you just make a mold of the threading? I was thinking of doing that (so you can screw and unscrew the antenna, and real radio owners could use it) and maybe cast the rest of the antenna out of rubber or something (for bendy).

Very nice though. I’m glad to see that it can be done.

I cant wait to start buying from your website man. i think im gonna buy a gun kit near the the end of september.