Resin/Rubber MT500?

has anyone thought about recasting the MT500? It’ll be lighter, and easier for people to carry around and definatly better than trying to snipe one on eBay .

There was some discussion of casting one, but the discussion didn’t get far due to the realtive low cost of MT500s.

I’ve been looking for a MT500 on ebay as well, and I have seen that they are getting kinda pricey lately (especially considering shipping costs for them, they must be really heavy!), maybe all us Ghostbusters are driving the price up as Halloween approaches.

frankfish01 made one out of MDF: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3712&hilit=resin+MT500&start=0

Looks good, but you could get more accuracy from a resin cast.

In conclusion, I’d love if someone would consider making a resin MT500, at a reasonable cost, of course! :blush:

i think a resin mt-500 would be heavier than a gutted real one.

they pop up on ebay regularly, very easy to score.

I have seen resin shelled, foam filled ones. In fact I have one. It’s extremely light.

Do you have pictures of that?

I can take one.

resin is just a form of plastic…it’d be roughly the same.

I was trying to get a auction of 2 working MT500 with short antenna but SLEPT IN on the auction end. DOH! It for under what i was going to snipe

Yeah, the real ones aren’t that hard to find cheap. I got a complete one with elements, battery and charger for $15 a few weeks back.

I found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-MT500-Radio-Dummy-1500-Round-BB-Loading-Bottle_W0QQitemZ220438461259QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335327fb4b&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

prop MT500 for airsoft.

That’s not based off of an MT500 at all. It’s a different model, I forgot which one though. It’s not an MT2200. That’s the one in the video game, but I can safely say that is NOT an MT500.

They probably put it on there because of how popular the MT500 sells.

I knew something was off, it looked odd. though according to this thread

They used HT220 for the close ups.