mounting alice to wood motherboard

I recently purchased a proton pack thats about 50% complete with plans to finish it. The motherboard is made of wood and is a half inch thick. The pack and motherboard are one piece and was wondering how should i mount the alice frame securely without damaging the pack. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Wood screws…

I thought about that but wondered if that would be secure enough. Is that how most people do it ? If so I give it a try.

if you feel it isn’t secure enough, drill more pilot holes in your frame and add more screws. I have a simlar set up.

it took like 67 wood screws. But don’t use 4 inch long screws like me, some of the screws punched thru my shell.

I used 1/2" by 2" long lags, I think 2". They byte into the wood really well. I also used 1/2 thick wood for my motherboard. You can get them at Home Depot and are cheap. You wont have any problems.

3 drywall screws will be more than enough to hold a pack onto a frame. Just use the good ones that sort of look kinda gold in color. SPAX screws are great

Actually, you need spacers in there as well, so you really want to use bolts, with the spacers and washers.

The alice frame thread has the connection details.

I just used a bunch of tie-wraps. I think 8 in total. Their ideas are better, but min was the quick, easy solution. None are showing any wear yet after 3 years because I’m paranoid about it and check them out each event.

zip ties. All my packs including the game pack use about 8 zip ties to hold the 1/4" plywood motherboard to the alice pack frame. That way I don;t have to drill through metal. I have never had any issues with this method.

Drilling through thye alice frame metal is VERY easy. It drills like buttah.

I have to agree. I’m working on my 3rd pack and every time i’ve used 3 bolts and spacers. Very tight, tight like a tiger.

He kinda said the board and pack “are one piece”. If I understood correctly, he can’t really open the pack to use bolts..

That’s why I said wood screws.

If he can get into the pack, then yes, bolts would be the best option.