Alice Pack on the Proton Pack

Hi guys,

I’ve spent this week planning out my first proper proton pack and have a card pattern for the proton gun which is going to be built over the coming week. But my current problems lies with the alice pack. After weeks of searching I finally have one and I’ve adjusted the straps which took ages! However I cant see the best way to attach the frame to the motherboard, does anyone have any suggestions? Also when you have attached it to the motherboard did you design it so that the frame could come off?

many thanks for your help guys

Dan

I use wing nuts and washers to space them out through the bottom two spaces. then I drilled a hole in the center upper area of the frame and used one last one there as well.

Another less destructive method is also discussed on this thread.

http://www.gbprops.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=960

My pack’s built on a 1 inch plywood, plus the 1/4 inch MDF motherboard, so I didn’t fashion any wingnut methods, I just drilled through the frame, and the wood and applied 4 Long wood screws and washers onto each “arm” of the cross you find within the frame. On top of that, I used the holes on the bottom for more washers / screws. For the top “arm” I threw in a nylon spacer, so the frame wouldn’t end up fighting the screw by pulling.

The method seems pretty secure (I even hopped around to test it all…it was nerve racking at first)

Bolts and lock nuts. Stefan’s plans show where to drill the holes.