My pack and goggles.

Everything in this pack was completely scratch built except for some of the aluminum knobs I bought from here. The sound and light system, everything.I made the bargraph by hand. The goggles were the typical welding goggles but I built a wooden frame inside and surgically made my own custom version with JBWeld Steel. Then I grafted a microscope head on to the goggles. I was trying to keep the build to 200 dollars complete but it ended around 350 with the goggles and uniform . Yes, that is a B9 robot it is leaning on.

And parts that were too expensive or I couldn’t find ones I liked like the wand tip or handles I designed in 3D and printed. IN fact a lot of parts are 3D printed.

Excellent work! They look amazing.

Lovely Work Darlie!!!

That is awesome!!! You used the JB Weld like bondo and built up the goggles?

I would’ve suggested posting the non-photoshopped photo of the Pack, there’s no shame in things being incomplete.

At first I thought you had used real

PVS-5 frames, Great job on the goggles!

You put a greed LED in the googles? Doesnt it blind you or something?

W o w !

Great work.

Greets

First there are no photoshopped parts KIngpin. None. My budget for the googles was 5 dollars Glenn :slight_smile: At the times frames were not plentiful and expensive. The base goggles costed me 5 dollars. Yes it was JB weld and JB plastic Steel which by the was is rock solid .

So this year I am changing out the bargraph which was hand made and worked, you need to see a photo of that . Modify the gun box , refine the wiring. The cable ribbon which I am making. It will have everything the original has. What I like about this vs the styrene , fiberglass or other packs is the sharpness of detail and the weight. The google head is all metal, the PP as weighty as the original.

What can I say? Expect “What Else?”, and “WOW”.

Awsome work!!! :smiley:

Looks AMAZING! GREAT WORK!!!

I’ve been using Photoshop for over 13 years and editing photos in one form or another for even longer, I know what I’m taking about in this instance. :slight_smile: (The extra hose from the Gear Box and the additional, weirdly angled and lit Gun Mount (as well as the strange artifacts on the Proton Gun) give the image maniuplation away. :slight_smile:

Ohhh snap! :lol:

My my my , aren’t you the observant one… only you are wrong. Completely wrong. So wrong you have given a new meaning to the word wrong. The weird angle of the gun was because of the way I made the mount stand off . The V hook on a stand off. As you will note the gun is slid down the hook and that is because 2 years ago I made the gun side with a metal brake and the metal fatigued. After the pictures I found a gun side Vhook strong enough to stay in one piece That gets changed on my redo but it is absolutely an unretouched. And that second hose leaning against the pack, That was the extra original hose that I changed out, it was unsplit and hard to bend. As you note it is not attached to anything so not a part of the pack. There is also a piece of electrical tape on the gun, don’t let it lead you to believe Elvis is still alive.. 35 years of animation and photoshop. Anytime you need lessons let me know :slight_smile: OOOoo snap!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0108268/

Not sure why you’re lying.

If you zoom in, you can clearly see at the bottom right corner of the gearbox is cut, you can see the bottom of the gun mount box, and then another gun mount box growing out of it. The wire loom coming out of the vacuum tube is all jacked up around the edges.

A for effort. But you’re losing credibility.

MMMm because I’m not? You are kind of insane. Lets demonstrate

Notice how the gun is sitting? OMG! :slight_smile:

Uhuh. 2 minutes ago.

New Legris