Hi all - I have posted this on the UK site also as I am from UK - thought I would share here also ![]()
I have been updating my scratch built pack from last year. It was made using the plans from GB fans and is as near to accurate as I could get it. Last year the only purchased piece was the cyclortrone - however with a few bits from Ben (thanks Ben) this year I have added the booster frame and shock bellow (not pictured yet).
I spent a lot of time drawing out the pieces as best I could from the GB fans dimensions off the equipment plans of Paranormans. Then after cutting them out, making them into the parts they would become.
Then cutout the Motherboard and began creating the cyclotrone body myself and checking things coming together.
I was quite happy with the outcome, but thought it needed a lot of work to get it where I wanted - this is how it looked when I finished last year.
However, I decided to completely strip it down again, keeping a majority of the parts, but adding some extra detail such as the spacers around the cyclotrone body - creating a larger PPD, completely redoing the gun mount as as the N-Filter which came off (E-Poxy this time). I also have improved the electronics to work off the thrower which is going to be a complete Nickatron build. Redoing the pack meant I sorted out some of the issues with spacing I had last year, as well as build a much sturdier bumper of my own design (this is a limited budget build)
I also spent a lot of time rounding off the cylotrone body as well as filling it where there were gaps and reinforcing it internally with mdf where I have put the wiring through.
I am much happier with the sturdiness and look of the pack this year.
I have also taken the time to prime it and re-sand to prime again due to the time I have.
Anyway, thank you for looking - any feedback and advice welcome ![]()