Nametag - Venkman or my own last name?

Anyone have an opinion on what is better to use for a GB uniform for Halloween? – Name of GB character or your own last name for the stitched nametag?

Personally it depends on what you want it for. AS a costume I’d say go with any of their names, because its a costume. As a uniform that you would wear often or more than just halloween I’d say go with yours, because that way ya know it’s you. I wear my uniform alot so I have my name stiched and I love it

Makes sense, thanks!!

I have both, I have velcro on the back of the tags and added extra velcro to the flightsuit so I can change from Venkman to me :lol: for those undecidedit works great!

My suit says Spengler.

If I gear up this year, I’ll throw on a big pompadour wig with glasses.

Darrin

I was in the same dilema, but I ended up going with the Venkman name tag

I have both as well. My last name for MY uniform, and a Venkman uniform for display and for whenever I don’t wanna be me.

I have mine because it gives it a more personal touch, and so it isnt confused with the costumes that are bought. However, I have an odd last name so people just stare at it with a blank look then eventually pronounce it wrong or ask what the hell it says. So I guess it depends on what your last name is and how many times you are willing to correct people who try to say it.

Actually on mine I decided to just go with a nametag that said INTERN on it.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Nice.

Mine says Venkman. I may invest in a nametape with my actual name on it later, but for now Venkman works for me.:slight_smile:

thats a cool idea. i have my own name on mine

I have both a STANZ one :stuck_out_tongue: and a GRAY one (surname).

Both patches have velcro on them and on my suit, so if i wanna switch, all i have to do is tear it off and slap the other one on :smiley:

I ordered a “Stantz” (GB2 style) from Krezman, but I agree with whoyagonnacall11, mine is a costume not a uni, so I went with the Stantz tag. :smiley: Andy, I just may have to steal your idea :lol: .

i have my last name on my name tag, like someone else said for a personal touch, and also b/c I’ll be wearing it more than just Halloween ^_^.

I had my own name made, I don’t look enough like any of them to use their names. But J. Kerezman does an awesome job with his patches.

I personally use my first name.

I had my own last name (HANKAMER) made. Friend of mine has one of those computer embroidery machines, so it was easy for me to get one.

But I’ll tell you one thing: my freinds were very impressed with MY name being on it. I think it’s the icing on the cake. YOU made your OWN pack, uniform and other props. It’s all YOURS, not VENKMAN’s or ZEDDEMOORE’s so it adds that last little “I made this” to your whole getup, whether it’s a costume or a uniform.

My two cents,

Patrick

I haven’t managed to track down a nametag yet (also, my pack is in pieces in two different states so it may be awhile until I get anywhere with that), but my suit has velcro so I’ll probably get a couple. Stantz and my name (although it’s almost impossible to pronounce, so I may go with my LARP character…whee, confuse people even further).

grim, I may “borrow” your INTERN idea, I like it :slight_smile:

I plan on doing my own last name. Not many Polynesian Ghostheads running around that would fit the name “Venkman”!

//tomasi