I ordered the full lights and sound kit from Crix back in November but he didn’t include the cyclotron LED bulbs. I contacted him at least 5 times about it but never heard back. Are there any compatible LED bulbs I can use with his Pack lights chip? Or do I have to do away with the whole Crix kit and get a another kind (GBFans, etc.)? Thanks!
Hmmmm, if it’s anything like my old proptronix kit you should be able to use any LEDs with it, I’ve tried a few different types with my kit and they’ve all worked fine. The resistors for the LEDs should be on the board so it shouldn’t blow your LEDs by wiring them up
Radio Shack carries LEDs if you have one near you. My local store has a really good variety of them too.
Hmmm…the fact that you haven’t been able to get ahold of Crix is odd…he’s been pretty active on eBay lately…
However, to your point, yes, you can go to RadioShack and wire up just about any LED combo to fit your cyclotron needs. Shouldn’t be a problem.
Just for peace of mind, know that if there IS an issue, it will burn the LEDs before your board, so if something does go wrong it won’t be $$$ to fix.