New fan at gbfans.com

Hey Ghostbusters fans!

I’m Ben from Wisconsin.. I’ve recently gotten interested in the ghostbusters after watching the movies again.. I’m 24, so I grew up with ghostbusters.. The cool thing about Ghostbusters, is that years later, its still cool. There’s not many things that you enjoyed when you were 5 that are still cool as an adult.

I’m building my very own ghostbusters suit now.. I’ve seen some really good looking examples on this site. I’m really interested in getting a life-like proton pack, but whew they are expensive. The ones i saw on ebay were around $1,500.00 I see alot of people on here have their own proton packs.. Are you guys spending that much money on them?

It all depends on the degree of accuracy you want to attain, some have made nice packs for around $200, some spend upwards of $1000. Considering the cost of real parts, machined parts and light and sound kits it’s not hard to breach the $1500 mark

If I were to spend $200.00 where would I start? Do people usually build the pack themselves?

Welcome! the more that you build yourself, the cheaper it is. But, scratch built packs take some skill and cost more $$$. If you go with a “kit” pack (all molded parts, cast shell, aluminum motherboard, etc) then you can spend $1500 or more.